Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 6:21:57 PM EDT
Hey guys I am looking for someone that can help me out on a build I want to do on a FAL.  I know, I know it ain't an AR but I have those now I this.  Can't have too many rifles anyway right?

Anyone here have experience do one or know of anyone that does?  I am in SE PA by the way.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I've assembled a few FAL rifles and after working out minor problems with them they all work great.

Not really much harder than assembling an AR except installing the barrel. If its not something you think you're up to you can have a local gunsmith install the barrel and headspace for around $100.

A wealth of information can be found at the FAL forum:  www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php

Every once in a while a few guys from that forum have a build party where they meet and help each other.
Check out this link it looks like they might be setting up something for mid sept: www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116115

BTW what part of PA are you from?

I actually think that except for the barrel work the FAL is easier to assemble.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:16:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I am from NE Philly.  Thanks for the link I looked the other day there and couldn't find that thread.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:11:32 PM EDT
[#3]
We're practically neighbors. Where in the northeast are you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top