Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 7:30:54 PM EDT
and damned near fell outa my chair. 6k bonus and a 9% raise!!   First thought BUY GUNS.   So I want to buy a new Garand.  A gun shop near me has one and I want it BAD!  I would like some feedback on them, does anyone have one of the new ones? Are they any good? Blah blah, any info would be appreciated.  

Thanks
Art
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Damn, I need a new job!

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#2]
YIKES!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Why get 1 new Garand, when you could get several CMP garands. Or you can buy me the IH Garand I have always wanted
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Damn, I need a new job!

I won't post my bonus and raise for last year.  It would most certainly give you a coronary, and I can't have that on my conscience......
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I won't post my bonus and raise for last year.  It would most certainly give you a coronary, and I can't have that on my conscience......

You need a trainee?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:54:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Why get 1 new Garand, when you could get several CMP garands. Or you can buy me the IH Garand I have always wanted

Big +1 on CMP.  The new ones don't have a soul.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:30:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:19:05 AM EDT
[#8]
hday.gifdude.
By all means go w/CMP for your Garand.  Get an '03A3 and a 1917 Enfield or two while you're at it.  
sigh.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:26:11 AM EDT
[#9]
The old Garands are cool, but I'm not interestedin soul. I'm picky and want new.  The last gun show I went to "soul" was going for a hefty premium.  

I agree on the unions, I've never been belonged to one. I grew up in a union house (my father was a teamster for 32 years) in a strong union town and I don't believe in them.  They had there place at one time but I think that time has passed.  

Doug H when I hit the powerball I'll buy you 2.  HA
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:14:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like you need a Mil-Tech Garand. Haven't seen one in quite a while. They still around?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:17:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Go see John Holbrooke at the next Puyallup gun show, he'll set you up.  He's the guy with all the 1911's in the cases that has all their histories (ships they were issued to, battles fought, etc.).  He takes CMP garands and and makes them beautiful.  I'm very happy with mine.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:53:39 AM EDT
[#12]
What is this bonus thing you speak of?

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:12:59 AM EDT
[#13]
I had Miltech rebuild my Garand.  I was having serious functional issues with my Garand (which I had purchased from a pawn shop in Idaho).  Sent it to Milttech and they did an outstanding job of rebuilding it. The rifle looks brand new and I've not had a single malfunction since (1000rds).  

If you're looking for a real piece of history, then Miltech isn't the best option.  They use only original recievers, but the barrels are Wilson match grade.  This isn't an issue unless you're looking at collecter value.  

Miltech offers a great product, and I have no reservations about recommending them.  They're kind of expensive, but you won't be disappointed.

Here's their website:

http://www.miltecharms.com/index.htm

Anyway, that's my $.02.

Dropship
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Bonus, raise? I am lucky to get a check most of the time.............
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#15]
I just droped you a IM about my Garand For sale on www.warrifels-auctions.com  take a look and see what you think.  You might like or not just thought I'd let ya know.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:49:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The old Garands are cool, but I'm not interestedin soul. I'm picky and want new.  The last gun show I went to "soul" was going for a hefty premium.  

I agree on the unions, I've never been belonged to one. I grew up in a union house (my father was a teamster for 32 years) in a strong union town and I don't believe in them.  They had there place at one time but I think that time has passed.  

Doug H when I hit the powerball I'll buy you 2.  HA

+EleventyBillion for the CMP!

The high end of what you pay the CMP for one (Excepting the rare collecter stuff they have) is the low end of what you'll see on the open market..

Go for the CMP deal man, and get two.....
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:33:28 AM EDT
[#17]
CMP man oh man.....hat(I dispair of ever selling this thing) If it doesn't go how oh how am I ever going to get an AR?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:44:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
and damned near fell outa my chair. 6k bonus and a 9% raise!!   First thought BUY GUNS.   So I want to buy a new Garand.  A gun shop near me has one and I want it BAD!  I would like some feedback on them, does anyone have one of the new ones? Are they any good? Blah blah, any info would be appreciated.  

Thanks
Art

Dude!  What do you do for a living?!  Where do I sign up!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:06:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I had Miltech rebuild my Garand.

Were the prices on the website for rebuilding yours, or for ordering one from them...? My Garand shoots great, but some hack "sporterized" before I bought it.   hat present to myself decades ago.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:09:22 PM EDT
[#20]
No.  I had to call and talk to them.  The cost was around $850 in 2002.  

Dropship
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:48:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks
Art

Dude!  What do you do for a living?!  Where do I sign up!

Field service manager semiconductor industry.  I just hired a couple guys.  Don't need anymore.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I had Miltech rebuild my Garand.  I was having serious functional issues with my Garand (which I had purchased from a pawn shop in Idaho).  Sent it to Milttech and they did an outstanding job of rebuilding it. The rifle looks brand new and I've not had a single malfunction since (1000rds).  

If you're looking for a real piece of history, then Miltech isn't the best option.  They use only original recievers, but the barrels are Wilson match grade.  This isn't an issue unless you're looking at collecter value.  

Miltech offers a great product, and I have no reservations about recommending them.  They're kind of expensive, but you won't be disappointed.

Here's their website:

http://www.miltecharms.com/index.htm

Anyway, that's my $.02.

Dropship

I checked out  miltec and felt the pants getting a little tight.  Looks like they do beautiful work.  The gun I got my eye on is 1082.00 out the door.  I would like to have an old one but I  don't want to mess around with getting one fixed up.  I have been seeing things on this board thats it's taking many months to get one from CMP. I am a NRA member but I don't shoot comptetion. Been there done that (trap shooting) and its no fun for me.
The last 2 guns I bought used spent more time in the gunsmiths hands than mine.  No more of that crap. I really don't even plan on shooting this one that often, just once in awile when I need to hear that "TING" & I like smallbore (read pussy) recoil.  

Thanks for the info.  
Art

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, I need a new job!

...and I won't tell YOU about my bonus and raise last year out of fear of ridicule.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top