Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2005 2:25:27 PM EDT
Had to scan in 2 fingerprints as well...

As often as I have been printed lately, you would think everyone would know who I am by now..

Link Posted: 10/25/2005 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#1]
eh! old hat, got mine last november and the chick ask me to smile and not frown so much, told her I was smiling, if she didn't beleive me she should see me when I was frowning.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:36:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Why do they need your fingerprints to drive a car?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#3]
The fingerprint is part of the new type drivers license, I got one of the first ones, I think they only scanned one finger.  The fingerprint isn't displayed on the license, I think it's encoded in the computer code on the back of the license, or it might just be in your records at DPS.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:55:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why do they need your fingerprints to drive a car?

It is a part of a new system called Pegasus. It will cut down on id theft. It will also stop the name game to a large extent. In the near future when havin contacewith the police you place your finger on a scanner and it will automatically pull up your driving history, warrant checks and your photo. Pretty hard to say you are someone else then.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#5]
The photo is digitized into distances between the eyes and chin, making a triangle. Each measurement is unique to the individual. It really is a slick system.
I'm not crazy about the IC/hologram built into the licenses so they can track your movement. But hey, this is the information age!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Just a small step towards Big Brother.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

yep, without the mark you'll neither be able to buy nor sell.....................................................

didn't we already cover this subject? mighta been in GD, or the matrix, seems like De'javue.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:55:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

To put it mildly... yes.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Dang and I thought this thread was dead,
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:24:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

yep, without the mark you'll neither be able to buy nor sell.....................................................

If they put in the IC in your ass like they did McVeigh's, they'll regret it!

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:26:40 PM EDT
[#11]
You know those chips they put in pets for ID?  YOU ARE NEXT!  (tin foil hat time!)
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:24:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You know those chips they put in pets for ID?  YOU ARE NEXT!  (tin foil hat time!)

Naw, just the driver's license will work!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top