Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2003 3:56:56 AM EDT
I usually buy all my gear online, but I'm looking to buy body armor for an upcomming trip to the sandbox, and I really want to be able to try these things on rather than guestimating size etc.

So, what is a good place for these things in the greater PHX area?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 9:04:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I would try it on at a uniform shop...then I would find it cheeper on the internet and buy it...
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of body armor are you looking for? Concealed police type or something like an interceptor vest?

Try some of the police uniform shops for concealed stuff.

Russ at Cav Arms did have a few interceptor vests for sale at one time.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 1:01:36 PM EDT
[#3]
you could try Diamond Back Tactical, Shooters World, or just call up Simula and see if they'll sell you a vest :(.

IM or email me when you get a chance
[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I would try it on at a uniform shop...then I would find it cheeper on the internet and buy it...

So what is a good uniform shop in PHX?
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What kind of body armor are you looking for? Concealed police type or something like an interceptor vest?

I've been looking at two different types, one would be something along the lines of a Paraclete RAV, and the other would be something that doesn't have a bunch of attachment points on it, that could be worn under other garments without necessarily being intended for concealment. That way I can wear a chestrig on top of it in case I end up spending a lot of time in vehicles etc.

I do know that I want complete wraparound around the sides. I have a SecondChance (non-Zylon) that lacks the wraparound, but that could be used for concealment purposes if needed. I would prefer a level III or IV vest.

Thing is, I've looked at all these pictures and manufacturer's websites, but I really do need to try them on to see how they fit and so on. I've looked at the Point Blank Recon and Interceptor, I've looked at the RAV (as already mentioned,) and I've looked at various others too. But looking and trying on is hardly the same thing.

I don't know if this answered anyone's questions in a satisfactory way, but the truth is that I'm not sure what the perfect match is for me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
you could try Diamond Back Tactical, Shooters World, or just call up Simula and see if they'll sell you a vest :(.

I've been in contact with Diamondback Tactical, not sure if they'll be able to help me as I'm not U.S. LEO or mil, and my Swedish credentials might not meet their standards. I don't have a problem if they say no, it's their choice.

IM or email me when you get a chance
[email protected]

Mail sent.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Are you looking for military issue, or just a vest?

Although vague as hell I would have to say whatever works.

I have a Safariland Cover 6 Plus in Large for sale in like new condition for sale with a lot of accessories.

Take a look at it here:
lightfighter.net/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=7336015661&f=3076001271&m=9146019934

I'll keep it in mind. Thanks a bunch.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Depending on where you live...I go to West Valley Uniforms on Peoria and 90somthing Ave.

There are a few more in central and east valley though.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in Prescott = roadtrip.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#11]
No police uniform stores closer?

If not, the west valley uniforms store is just off of the 101.  Easy to get too.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 10:11:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Okay, after going back and reading your other posts, I don't think they have level III stuff to try on.  I don't know of they can fit you and order it either...
My guess would be call em...
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 11:28:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
No police uniform stores closer?

None that I know of.

If not, the west valley uniforms store is just off of the 101.  Easy to get too.
101 and what?
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 3:52:28 PM EDT
[#14]
101 and Peoria.  Go East.  South side of the road in a small shoppinf center.  I just got up and checked the card they gave me...
8815 W Peoria Ave.
623-412-2677

I would call before making the road trip just to make sure they can do it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#15]
There is a military surpluss supply on 35th ave. north of grand on the east side of 35th.

I can not remember the name, it should be in the yellow pages.

I have seen body armor for sale there.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Practical Tactical in Glendale - great stuff.  

www.practicaltactical.net/

You *may* get a discount if you tell him "Paco" from "AirsoftArizona" sent you.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 12:04:09 PM EDT
[#17]
And all the while you're moving....
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:33:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Paco,

Thanks for the promo, but I don't know that I can help him....I don't have Paraclete, etc. onboard yet.  I can order stuff via Diamondback, but there's no real discount for me at all, so your cash price would be the same as if you bought from them,a bit more if paying via CC.

You can go to Arizona Tactical, aka Shooter's World.  Run by a Glendale cop (ex/Reserve) named Phil Roux ("Roo").  Nice guy.  Have all sorts of stuff, but since it's a cop-shop, they're not likely to have RAV or RAV-like stuff.  They're located on 28th AVENUE, south of Indian School (west of I-17).  602-266-2600.

Another place that sells military stuff is The Armory, but I don't recall them having any body armor at all.

Diamondback was selling stuff through their website...I know of at least one Airsoft enthusiast who got a RAV from them (w/o the kevlar panels, though).

Now, if you're looking for straight armor, I have access to the Israeli Level III body armor and either the Famastone (a polyethelene plate) or Ceramic plates (Level IV when used w/Level III vest).  These don't have any ability to attach anything to them like an Interceptor does, and the plates sit on the outside of the vest, making for a large "square" for the pocket and not a smooth surface.  

These are imported by Assaultvest.com, which will shortly be merging with Practical Tactical.  I hope to pick up all the inventory this week and can tell you if he/I will have that armor in stock.

All for now.

TimW
Phoenix
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:35:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
There is a military surpluss supply on 35th ave. north of grand on the east side of 35th.

I can not remember the name, it should be in the yellow pages.

I have seen body armor for sale there.

US Surplus.  Generally overpriced, but wide selection of items.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 6:20:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Diamondback Tactical is no longer a dealer for Paraclete AFAIK.

Yup, they apparently had a falling out over Paraclete not allowing Zylon inserts in their products and Diamondback continued to sell Paraclete products with Zylon inserts.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, they apparently had a falling out over Paraclete not allowing Zylon inserts in their products and Diamondback continued to sell Paraclete products with Zylon inserts.

I knew Diamondback stopped dealing Paraclete, but didn't know why.  This is interesting, if true.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 4:15:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I knew Diamondback stopped dealing Paraclete, but didn't know why.  This is interesting, if true.

I believe Paraclete themselves announced it on Lightfighter's webiste (the forums.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top