Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2006 8:00:04 AM EDT
Scottsdale Tribune - Monday, January 23, 2006
-Letters-
Jarrett to drop ‘2 license plates’ bill
When this legislative session began a couple of weeks ago, I sponsored a bill law enforcement agencies felt might help cut into Arizona’s serious auto theft problem.  The bill called for a state issued license plate to be required for the front of vehicles in addition to the current rear plate requirement
But representatives of the people must be responsive to the people.  A substantial number of e-mails from constituents received by me and fellow legislators have made it clear that citizens do not favor this approach to the issue.
I appreciate that civic-minded people have taken the time to voice their concerns, and I have listened.  That is why I am withdrawing the “two license plates” bill.
I remain dedicated to addressing this serious public safety concern.  To that end I will continue to meet with the entities working on the auto-theft problem to find the most effective and efficient solutions.
I want to again thank all of those who participated in the process by weighing in on this issue.
Sen. Marilyn Jarrett
R-Mesa
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Woohoo, I can keep my front end clean. I just recently had one of car painted and had the holes filled in too.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 3:16:57 PM EDT
[#2]
How about a bill making it legal to shoot, kill and put the heads of on  sticks, anyone seen in the act of breaking into or stealing anything off of a car or truck as a warning to those who may try after that???

May work for gang problems also!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top