Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 2:49:24 PM EDT
1) Picked up 3 boxes of HSM ammo in 50 BMG saturday. With the Bosnian and WW2 I already had, this was five types of ammo.
2) Went to robe and shot 5 rounds of each of the commercial loads, six rounds of the WW2 surplus. All but one went bang on the first strike. One of the WW2 rounds didn't, but the primer hit was very, very light. I could see it, but barely. It went off on the second strike.
3) Ran into arfcom member with his two boys. He was function checking an ar15 he had built from instructions here. He was unaware of the HTF - I gave him my card and told him to look me up. Small world: this was the squared-away guy who I shared a meaningful look with when the guys drinking Bud showed up waving single-shot SKS rifles around. We both packed up and left post-haste.
4) he said someone (grizz? griff?) from the lumber company came up and ran everyone else out. He got to stay because he was already picking stuff up and burning it.

Really bad news: the pit is totally trashed. It was full of shotgun husks and trash people dragged in there to shoot. Some people's kids suck.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been up there twice by myself to clean up. I've been to the work parties. We need to stay on top of this, people.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:52:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Next Sunday clean-up and shoot? I'll bring the gas
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Next Sunday clean-up and shoot? I'll bring the gas

Deal
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm busy up till about 1:30 or so Sunday...I'll try to make it up there, for clean-up
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish I still had that guys phone number.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top