Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2009 3:40:40 PM EDT
Yep, you read it right!

Hosted By: North Tennessee Practical Shooters

2009 Tennessee Section Championship
DICKSON, TN
OCTOBER 9, 10, & 11, 2000

linky:    http://www.tnsection.com/09state/09state.htm

These guys (for the most part) shoot like most of us only dream of. They're fast, they're accurate & they're smooth. They shoot everything from bone stock 1911s to wheelguns to top of the line race guns to production Glocks. So, you ask, how will this make you a better shooter? Simple: by watching! These guys will be doing what 99.99% of ranges forbid: fast drawing & shooting. Many of us might practice drawing with an empty gun in the privacy of our home & once in a while we get to do it at an outdoor range, but most of us don't get to do this often. Throw in running and shooting as well & you've got some serious training going on, IMO. Shooting moving targets & variations thereof. Throw in as icing on the cake when one must shoot weak hand only. (When's the last time we've practiced shooting weak handed?)

As Yogi Berra once said, "You can observe a lot by watching." This allows we novice-to-mid-level shooters to observe the better guys as they run a match. See how they approach a scenario, see how they handle a jam FUBAR or shake your head in amazement at the shenanningins of the lower tier shooters & be able to think to yourself, "I hope *I* never do that reload that sloppily."

In short, if you come out & watch for 2-3 hours (for free), you'd have to be Ray Charles to not take home a boatload of knowledge with you, IMO. Bring a lawn chair & some water, maybe some bug spray & have a terrific time!

Spectator eye & ear protection IS required at ALL times when the range is hot!

Hope this helps someone!  
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 12:37:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Not that "I" need any lessons .....But thanks for posting this info.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:57:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Why do these things always get scheduled for when I'm going to be out of town?
Oh well, maybe next time.
Thanks for posting Bob.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:06:08 AM EDT
[#3]
removed
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:09:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for posting Bob, I'd like to make it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:57:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"These guys will be doing what 99.99% of ranges forbid"

Well gladly I belong to that .01% of ranges that allows me to practice correctly.

99.9%

What do you expect them to be doing?  I'm thinking that number may be a bit high....
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well gladly I belong to that .01% of ranges that allows me to practice correctly.

Rare is the range that allows a fast draw from a holster.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

99.9%

What do you expect them to be doing?  I'm thinking that number may be a bit high....

Not allowing a fast draw from a holster is what I meant. Trying to be mysterious & all that tactical shit, eh?    
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:29:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Bob, are you going to be shooting or watching at this one?

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:21:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Bob, are you going to be shooting or watching at this one?

Hopefully shooting, if I can scrape up the $125 entry fee...............................  

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:27:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Bob are you a member? I have been talking to them about membership.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:13:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Bob are you a member? I have been talking to them about membership.

Not a dues paying member, no. I've been shooting matches in Dickson for 4-5 years now so I feel like a member, but I don't have the privileges of being one.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:53:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yep, you read it right!

Hosted By: North Tennessee Practical Shooters

2009 Tennessee Section Championship

DICKSON, TN

OCTOBER 9, 10, & 11, 2000

linky:    http://www.tnsection.com/09state/09state.htm

These guys (for the most part) shoot like most of us only dream of. They're fast, they're accurate & they're smooth. They shoot everything from bone stock 1911s to wheelguns to top of the line race guns to production Glocks. So, you ask, how will this make you a better shooter? Simple: by watching! These guys will be doing what 99.99% of ranges forbid: fast drawing & shooting. Many of us might practice drawing with an empty gun in the privacy of our home & once in a while we get to do it at an outdoor range, but most of us don't get to do this often. Throw in running and shooting as well & you've got some serious training going on, IMO. Shooting moving targets & variations thereof. Throw in as icing on the cake when one must shoot weak hand only. (When's the last time we've practiced shooting weak handed?)

As Yogi Berra once said, "You can observe a lot by watching." This allows we novice-to-mid-level shooters to observe the better guys as they run a match. See how they approach a scenario, see how they handle a jam FUBAR or shake your head in amazement at the shenanningins of the lower tier shooters & be able to think to yourself, "I hope *I* never do that reload that sloppily."

In short, if you come out & watch for 2-3 hours (for free), you'd have to be Ray Charles to not take home a boatload of knowledge with you, IMO. Bring a lawn chair & some water, maybe some bug spray & have a terrific time!

Spectator eye & ear protection IS required at ALL times when the range is hot!

Hope this helps someone!  

Why would we care about something that happened 9 years ago????

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top