Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 12:11:15 AM EDT
Does anyone know any good gunshops up here in Fort Collins? I've seen Jax Outdoor so far, but that's about it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:54:42 AM EDT
[#1]
this thread pretty much covers it...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=20&t=187686

Finally made it out of boulder?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:05:18 AM EDT
[#2]
JAX is pretty good, although kinda pricy at time.  They've got a new guy in the guns dept., whose getting them more focused on milsurp and milpattern guns, and there are deals to be had now and again.   Good folks and a pleasure to do business with.

On College ave in "oldtown" there's Cache La Poudre Rifle Works.   Best place for "true" transfers as their transfer fee is low and they're good folk.   I think they do a markup on transacitons that arent' really a transfer (i.e., you're ording from a distributor), but I don't blame them.

Hamblin Sales is out on Mulberry close to I-25 on the south side.   Pretty good selection, especially of nice shotguns and handguns, but I've never been too impressed with their attitude toward military pattern guns.  There's a lot of "pucker" factor just to get some help, in my experience.

Jensens' down in Loveland is high speed, low drag for all your evil black rifle needs.   They're a cop shop, but they're not dicks to the good guys who arent' cops.  Good selection, decent prices, lots of ammo, and they'll order you 'bout anything.   They will transfer in anything they don't carry, but they charge a higher transfer fee.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:03:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
JAX is pretty good, although kinda pricy at time.  They've got a new guy in the guns dept., whose getting them more focused on milsurp and milpattern guns, and there are deals to be had now and again.   Good folks and a pleasure to do business with.

On College ave in "oldtown" there's Cache La Poudre Rifle Works.   Best place for "true" transfers as their transfer fee is low and they're good folk.   I think they do a markup on transacitons that arent' really a transfer (i.e., you're ording from a distributor), but I don't blame them.

Hamblin Sales is out on Mulberry close to I-25 on the south side.   Pretty good selection, especially of nice shotguns and handguns, but I've never been too impressed with their attitude toward military pattern guns.  There's a lot of "pucker" factor just to get some help, in my experience.

Jensens' down in Loveland is high speed, low drag for all your evil black rifle needs.   They're a cop shop, but they're not dicks to the good guys who arent' cops.  Good selection, decent prices, lots of ammo, and they'll order you 'bout anything.   They will transfer in anything they don't carry, but they charge a higher transfer fee.

I would like to add that Hambin guys are overpriced and I agree that their service sucks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies, everyone! I'll check those places out.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Active Arms on S. College is good.  Bruce Kirk owns and runs it, he can be a little gruff sometimes, but he is a good gunsmith for most guns.  Not much low end AR stock, but good smithing.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Stay away from Jensen's!  It is evil and keeps taking my money.  But seriously, they are very nice and have the "coolest" stuff around.  I was in there one day and they had an RRA stripped lower, I had to buy it and it has started something I can't afford.  It sure is fun though.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:39:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
this thread pretty much covers it...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=20&t=187686

Finally made it out of boulder?

Why did they lock that thread?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top