Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2007 6:45:20 AM EDT
I remember a while back some of you guys were going to Pennsylvania to get your FL ccw. Does anyone have any info on doing this?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:20:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By johndel:
I remember a while back some of you guys were going to Pennsylvania to get your FL ccw. Does anyone have any info on doing this?

Thanks

This is the place I was looking into. Never did follow through. I was looking to take the course so I could satisfy my Orange County NY pistol permit requirements as well as get my FL carry permit at the same time. Good thing I didn't do it as I found out that the course had to be a NY state course.

Whisky19
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:35:59 AM EDT
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:10:50 AM EDT
You can also check out http://www.rafire.com/training.htm
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:19:53 AM EDT
I took the course at Ready, Aim, Fire and it was given by a Personal Defense Solutions trainer.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:21:14 AM EDT
It might be a better idea to take the class at a range instead of at a gun show. Thats because there is a shooting qualification part to the class, which is easy to do at a range and not at a gunshow. I think with the gunshow class, you then have to go to the range at a later date to complete the class.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:00:39 AM EDT
Florida Non-Resident Concealed Firearms Permit Class:
The next class will be held Saturday, April 21, 2007 from 9:00am - 1:00pm. Visit our training section for details.

http://www.rafire.com/index_body.htm
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:47:56 AM EDT
Cool thanks guys. I have to check into going.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 1:44:52 PM EDT
A good friend of mine does training classes and qualifications in NJ at Ray's sporting goods... he is a NRA certified instructor and i believe all you have to have for a
FL non-resident CCW is a certification saying that you have taken a basic pistol course but dont quote me on it... i may or may not be in the process of getting one...

if your interested in not having to go to PA to take a course PM me and ill ask him when the next time he's doing a class is..... and ill find out price
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:12:00 AM EDT
Thanks for the info bikerchick.
Top Top