Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2017 2:58:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/20/2017 2:59:01 PM EST by endermend]
My Dad, who has never owned a gun wants to buy a Garand. His father served during WW2, and we still have a lot of his stuff. Even his letter for D Day. His brothers and my Uncles served during the Vietnam War, Navy, Airforce, Army, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard.... his only interactions with firearms were when I was a boy scout and they had shooting campouts.

He knows like jack shit about firearms. I tried explaining a lot of this stuff to him, but he can't wrap his head around it.

Can someone suggest some basic reading/ viewing material to help him get a 70%+?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:45:56 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:16:15 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 50_Shooter:
Most gun stores have study guides, go in and ask. I think they sell them for about $5, that will help him pass the test
View Quote
Never heard of these study guides but they would definitely help.

We've all obviously passed this test but that said, a good number of the questions are fairly obvious (to me and you all I suppose). I just took the damn test a few months ago and can't remember much other than the minimum age to buy a long gun and/or pistol.

Good luck to your Dad...
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:06:11 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RIP-Yataski:

Never heard of these study guides but they would definitely help.

We've all obviously passed this test but that said, a good number of the questions are fairly obvious (to me and you all I suppose). I just took the damn test a few months ago and can't remember much other than the minimum age to buy a long gun and/or pistol.

Good luck to your Dad...
View Quote
Yup, to me the test was easiest thing in the world. I guess he doesn't wan tot waste 25$.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:53:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/24/2017 12:53:56 AM EST by operatorerror]
Top Top