Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2013 9:52:31 AM EDT
I have not posted in a while, but I have finally settled in to my new home in Stillwater! I am still getting my bearings around the local gun community here and curious if anyone else is around my area. I look forward to keeping an eye on local events and meetings some other shooters. One more quick question... where do you get the best prices on gear (locally)? Stillwater Armory has a great staff, but they are a bit over priced when it comes to general accessories.. decent ammo prices though..

-Joe
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#1]
There's a pretty big gun show in November called the wanamachers gun show at the tulsa state fair grounds. I've only been once but it was the biggest show I've ever been too and had some decent things there.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's a pretty big gun show in November called the wanamachers gun show at the tulsa state fair grounds. I've only been once but it was the biggest show I've ever been too and had some decent things there.
View Quote

Awesome, thanks for the heads up! I managed to find a gun store about 35 minutes out of town (Kings) that has a super friendly staff and only charges $10 for FFL.. really just need to find a range where I do not have to be a member or an active gun club that does get together more than twice a year :) Any insight would be great.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Sooner State in OKC has always given the best deals I've ever found.  Mark's Firearms in Moore is also top notch, they're small but Mark is a stand up guy.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sooner State in OKC has always given the best deals I've ever found.  Mark's Firearms in Moore is also top notch, they're small but Mark is a stand up guy.
View Quote

Wonderful, I will check them out this weekend when the girlfriend drags me to the mall near OKC... now I will get to drag her to a gun store and have some of my own fun :P
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Well if you come down to okc I recommend you check out cold hand arms. Really nice and and have REALLY awesome toys.
Also H&H is pretty awesome but is a little pricey but has a nice range.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 6:57:21 PM EDT
[#6]
http://ipsc.okcgunclub.org/

Shooting Saturday, first Saturday of every month.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:35:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you do, make sure you wear steel toed shoes and are prepared to be shoved, punched and run over. I went to my last show there two years ago. Got tired of getting beat up by the crowds.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If you do, make sure you wear steel toed shoes and are prepared to be shoved, punched and run over. I went to my last show there two years ago. Got tired of getting beat up by the crowds.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't allow any kind of carts anymore just watching out for the shovers.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Just shove back and when they do that "now I'm pissed" look you just give them the crazy eyes and say "you look like the guy who stole my pogo stick in 19 and 21...you got 2 minutes to gimme back my pogo stick!".  They'll back slowly and nicely away.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:32:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Kings Guns  2714 n. Kings Hwy, Cushing,Ok. Best prices around. I moved from OKC area to Stillwater area about a year ago. I have found Kings prices to be as good or better than OKC shops. It is about 20 miles east on hwy 33 to turn off on Kings hwy. Turn north it's a couple miles on the left or west side of road.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top