Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2003 6:23:23 AM EDT
Ok, here is the final tracklist, along with explanations.  I'm posting this because I'm going to be sending some CD's to folks who can't make it to the shoot soon. Remember guys these are free, I'm not charging for them, so just ask for one when you see me.  Wish I had a better headcount of who is going to be there...

Ok, here are the tracks (drumroll please):

1. "I'm strangely comfortable with it"
--from The Boondock Saints

2. Paint it Black, by The Rolling Stones
--it doesn't get darker than this, just louder.  Don’t trust anyone who doesn’t like this song and still claims to be an American.

3. Let the Bodies Hit the Floor, by Drowning Pool
--let the bodies hit the floooooooooorarrrrrgh!

4. "You ever kill anybody?"
--from Ronin

5. Thirteen, by Johnny Cash
--Cash could kick all our asses with one hand and praise Jesus with the other one.  Respect.

6. The Trio, from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, by Ennico Morricone
--A shifty desparado, a stinky sweaty Mexican, and Clint Eastwood's cigar stare each other down in a 3 way gun battle to the death.  Does life get any better than this?

7. Ich Will, by Rammstein
Take note:  if you have to go Max Payne in a room full of bad guys, make sure this track is playing very loud.  It'll help.

8. "We're here for the bank's money, not your money"
--from Heat
You know you wanted to put together a crew and do this at your local branch.  Its ok to admit these things, we're all grownups here.

9. Eve of Destruction, by The Byrds
--who knew that wimpy hippies could write such a great SHTF song?

10.  Main Theme and Navy Hymn, from Crimson Tide
--since 1995 this theme has been helping adult men everywhere pretend that they are HALO parachuting from attack helicopters which were launched from nuclear submarines.  And you know it, bitch.

11. "The path of the righteous man"
--From Pulp Fiction

12. Having a Blast, by Green Day
--its amazing that the victims of Columbine didn't sue Green Day over this song, which pretty much laid out the event years before it happened.  And its so full of pep!

13.  No More Tears, by Ozzy Osbourne
--seriously disturbing stuff.  This is from the old days when Ozzy was scary, not a stoner joke like he is now.  Ted Nugent features on the guitar solo, way to use that whammy bar Nuge!

14. "You wanna find an outlaw, you call an outlaw"
--from Raising Arizona

15.  The Outlaw Torn, by Metallica
--this is a ten minute track, but worth it for the lyrics and relentless pulse.  "Alcoholica" still manages to get one right every once in awhile.

16.  Du Hast, by Rammstein
--these guys sing in German so you probably won't understand a word.  Don't worry, your momma wouldn't like the lyrics anyway.  

17.  The Red, by Chevelle
Also known as the unofficial theme song of EOtech and red dot sights everywhere.  The lyrics to the Chorus are:
“So lay down, the threat is real--When his sight goes red again--Seeing red again...”
You gotta love this stuff.

18. "You mark that frame an 8, you're entering a world of pain"
--from The Big Lebowsky

19.  Gods of War, by Def Leppard
Listen closely for a fun montage of quotes from Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher at the end.  Best 80s glam rock EVER!

20.  BONUS TRACK!  My Little Armalite, by The Irish Brigade
If MODCC ever do hazing like a fraternity, this song and lots of alcohol must be involved somehow.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 6:29:52 AM EDT
[#1]
VERY NICE!. I LIKE MOST OF THE SONGS. spec the Rammstein, good stuff wether you understand what they are saying or not. Ronald

edit: hey bud i will bring you some cd to help you out. also i want a copy of your shtf cd, and your james bond cd if possible, i will replace cd. also i have a kobra you can use on the sar1 for the shoot if you want
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 3:08:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Du...

Du Hast...

Du Hast mir...

Du Hast mir gefracht???

Link Posted: 8/27/2003 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Add to that these songs I like by Rammstein.
Sehnsucht
Laichzeit
Feuer Frei
Du Reichst So Gut
Buck Dich (Live vid's are nice, too).

Ah, who am I kidding. I've got every Rammstein album and most of their music on my usual playlist.

BTW, Try out 'Helloween'- 'Lavdate Dominvm', and 'Before the War' (Also, if your into up-beat, try 'Rise and Fall').
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#4]

--seriously disturbing stuff.  This is from the old days when Ozzy was scary, not a stoner joke like he is now.  Ted Nugent features on the guitar solo, way to use that whammy bar Nuge!

I thought it was Zakk Wylde on the axe!  am i wrong?
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:12:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I thought it was Zakk Wylde on the axe!  am i wrong?

www.guitarworld.com/tuneups/2002/0602.osbourne.html
I stand corrected.  I had been told it was the Nuge.  

/me hangs his head in shame
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Add to that these songs I like by Rammstein.
Sehnsucht
Laichzeit
Feuer Frei
Du Reichst So Gut
Buck Dich (Live vid's are nice, too).

I seen them do Buch Dich live before the whole getting arrested thing.
I seen them open for KMFDM and Nivek Ogre back in December of 97.
I got Til and Fluke's auto graph on a promo vhs tape they were giving out,  somewhere. It had 3 videos on it Engel, Du Hast, and something else I can't remember.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 10:48:19 PM EDT
[#7]
The cds are ready and so is the rest of my equipment.  Woohoo!

Link Posted: 9/4/2003 10:54:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
--A shifty desparado, a stinky sweaty Mexican, and Clint Eastwood's cigar stare each other down in a 3 way gun battle to the death. Does life get any better than this?

that's "The Ecstasy of Gold" actually.

However, you are thinking of the end theme instead, which is the trio per the CD
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 10:54:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
--it doesn't get darker than this, just louder.  Don’t trust anyone who doesn’t like this song and still claims to be an American.

Even though Rolling Stones are British?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 11:06:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They may have been Brits 30 years ago, but we've since co-opted both them and their song.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 11:36:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They may have been Brits 30 years ago, but we've since co-opted both them and their song.

I hear ya. Then again I'm Swedish...

I didn't see AC/DC's "Shoot to Kill" on the list...
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 4:45:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Don't worry skullworks, I'm already thinking of ideas for the next cd.  Maybe I'll start it with

"for those about to rock,

(fire)

we saluuuuuuuuute youuuuuuuuu!"
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 5:49:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Ah Duke, you music will bring warmth to my cold heart... I have often thought shooting to music is the way to go!

See ya Saturday sir,

PITSNIPE
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 2:59:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
--it doesn't get darker than this, just louder.  Don?t trust anyone who doesn?t like this song and still claims to be an American.

Actually I think Mick Jagger is now an honorary frenchmen, and lives in paris.

I am ShamusMcoi! Bearer of useless knowledge!!

WTF Duke, no tracks from that cd I burned ya?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top