Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2009 4:52:56 PM EDT
Scott I wana thank u for having us down today...I really enjoyed it...will be back when u have another one

Guys if u have kids and dont take them out to the range, u are missing out....I cant wait till Daniel is little older were I can get him into long range..

Joe and his Shooting Princess....BTW this 14yd old took 4th overall!

Pudding working at staying out of the dress....i think he was praying here?

Rednecks getting it done.... J took second today..damn good shooting

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the photos Fro. Can you you email the ones of me and Katie.

Like Fro said, if you don't shoot with your kids. You have no idea on what you are missing out on.

And Fro actually did shoot well today, he had one bad stage.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Thanks for the photos Fro. Can you you email the ones of me and Katie.

Like Fro said, if you don't shoot with your kids. You have no idea on what you are missing out on.

And Fro actually did shoot well today, he had one bad stage.

Will do sir...Its always one bad stage...I was trying to make puddin fill better
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#3]
do you people not believe in eye protection?!
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Where was this? I work near St Marys and would love to attend if this is done again and not too far away.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Where was this? I work near St Marys and would love to attend if this is done again and not too far away.

Woodbury GA. More central than south.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:01:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
do you people not believe in eye protection?!

Looks to me they are wearing eye protection,  And lots of fun.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Fro,
Cool pics. I guess it's official. Jay and I are rednecks cause you said so. Can you believe he went from dead last at his first long range shoot to tied for first this time and only shot about 40 rounds to dope his new scope in between. Absolutely awesome.

Yes, I was one of those that got beat by a 14 y.o. girl  and I am proud for her. She was awesome today. I wish somebody would have gotten a picture of Joe with his permagrin after that last stage. I know he is one proud daddy right now. I am going to shoot the steel challenge tomorrow. I hope she has a little mercy on me tomorrow but I doubt it.

A big thanks to Scott for putting this on. We all had a great time.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:36:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks to Scott for putting on a good match. I had a blast shoot with good friends and didn't even mind getting my butt handed to me my Katie.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#9]
looks like a great time
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:38:00 AM EDT
[#10]
That 4-wheeler needs some new front tires.

Looks like fun.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:59:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks to all that came out. We all had a lot of fun. It was very entertaining to see how many different ways you can shoot out of a tree stand. I told people to wear eye protection but when people are hunting they don't normally wear it.
I wanted this to simulate hunting to some degree. I think we did that on the most part. I will make some changes to the next shoot to  more closely simulate hunting. That atv doesn't run, we used it as a prop.
I think I'll buy some larger lollipops for the next match. You'll have to be at the next match to find out what that means.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like alot of fun.

Some interesting shooting positions too, esp. the tree hugger

What were some of the target sizes/ ranges from the various shooting positions?

I'm guessing there were lollypops on one stage.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I told people to wear eye protection but when people are hunting they don't normally wear it.
I wanted this to simulate hunting to some degree.

I agree that you wanted it to simulate hunting, but if they are not wearing eye protection, then why are they wearing ear plugs? I know I don't wear hearing & eye protection while hunting, because I may fire one or 2 shots if I'm lucky and the chances of something going really wrong are slim, but when you are firing several shots and the other 10-20 shooters are firing the same amount, your chances are compounded greatly that something may go wrong.

I hope that you had a liability waiver signed by everyone! If not, I highly suggest that you do before anyone fires another round on your property. In it, it needs to state that everyone (shooters, spotters and guest) wears eye & hearing protection.

Just a suggestion for you. Looks like it was a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok, everyone is going to bitch about eye protection yadda yadda yadda.  Well I signed a waiver, I wore my glasses during most stages, actually forgot them on one.  

Most places say that eyes and ears are required, yet you see that if you read the rules of the establishment that it doesnt say that eyes and ears are required but suggested that they be used.

I have contacts and glasses, when shooting I wear my glasses because I find it easier to wear them then to wear contacts and a pair of safety glasses.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#15]
The targets ranged in size from a 12"x 18" steel plate to a golf ball. We also used bowling pins and other balls hanging from a string. The lollipops were not candy or edible. The distance was from 50 to 350  and it was a challenge. I think next time I'll use a few larger targets. The real challenge was knowing your dope, reading the wind and terrain. Only one stage was shot on a traditional flat range; 2 were across a small valley and 2 were down hill. the keys to being a good rifleman are to know your rifle's capabilities and to practice different types shooting. Test your self and you will improve.
Plus it is lots of fun watching everyone else struggle with and solve the same shooting issues.
Just do it !!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#16]
congrats on the great shoot and thanks for sharing the pics,i am building a rifle for my 11 year old daughter to shoot and would like to know what stock is on the rifle the YOUNG LADY is shooting? sorry for asking a dumb question and thanks for any help,hope to be able to make one of the shoots soon
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#17]
It's the MAGPUL "UBR - Utility/Battle Rifle" It has a big price tag.  Link

M.

Quoted:
congrats on the great shoot and thanks for sharing the pics,i am building a rifle for my 11 year old daughter to shoot and would like to know what stock is on the rifle the YOUNG LADY is shooting? sorry for asking a dumb question and thanks for any help,hope to be able to make one of the shoots soon

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:42:40 AM EDT
[#18]
msting22,thanks for the info
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top