Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/28/2005 7:31:27 AM EDT
Let's see 'em. What are some of y'alls favorite pics from around your area? Here are a couple of mine...(sorry about the low quality--dialup sucks)

Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:36:36 AM EDT
[#1]
sweet!!!  Winston Wolf has my new Jeep Pics......COUGH 'EM UP , BRO!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:41:09 AM EDT
[#2]
looking at that first pic, you gotta wonder if people realize how packed in they are. No way I'd drop a quarter mil and still be able to hear my neighbors fart....
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:52:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
looking at that first pic, you gotta wonder if people realize how packed in they are. No way I'd drop a quarter mil and still be able to hear my neighbors fart....

With prices where they are, for only $250k, you can feel them fart.

Link Posted: 7/28/2005 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow, apache junction area is turning into more suburban nightmares - I fking hate those track homes...it sustains and promotes mono-culutre.

Here's my backyard:

Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:05:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn, I opened up this thread hoping to see some big knockers!

Ceramic, about where do you live?
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Damn, I opened up this thread hoping to see some big knockers!

Ceramic, about where do you live?

Looks to be near Picacho Peak.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's a few pictures I took in Sedona...

-John
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:41:44 PM EDT
[#8]
... Nice pix!

... I wanna play when I get home!

... Working at Miramar, CA today and tomorrow - I guess those pix don't count
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 2:42:25 AM EDT
[#9]
All the reasons I am moving there, minus the track housing....  Arizona rocks!

See you soon,

TS
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:54:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't forget you can also carry your lightsaber concealed for quick usage if you should happen to meet up with an illegal trying to hit you with a tire iron!

Any the Shoots are great enjoyment too!

Yea, I think I'll stay in Arizona forever!

azski

Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:20:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Get rid of tract housing... Move into a tent or your truck.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 7:23:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Get rid of tract housing... Move into a tent or your truck.

Hell, I bought a trailer and land, four years later I get swarmed by city folk...

Where those houses are, used to be a potato field--the crop duster would do his stall turns over my back yard! I used to be able to see the Superstitions from my bedroom window. Now all I can see is tile roofs and stucco...[mad]
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 10:53:30 AM EDT
[#13]
My dog is getting pissed..............haven't taken her fishing for a while.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't post beautiful AZ picks!  We don't need any more Ohiowan Jack OFFs moving here!
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
My dog is getting pissed..............haven't taken her fishing for a while.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/F4Dee/DCP_0474.jpg

Looks like you two have a "close" relationship.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Let's see 'em. What are some of y'alls favorite pics from around your area? Here are a couple of mine...(sorry about the low quality--dialup sucks)
tinypic.com/9jhhdt.jpg

tinypic.com/9jhm43.jpg

tinypic.com/9jhmkn.jpg

The first two are shitty pics and show whats wrong with our state.
The third one looks just fine.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tinypic.com/9jhhdt.jpg

tinypic.com/9jhm43.jpg

tinypic.com/9jhmkn.jpg

The first two are shitty pics and show whats wrong with our state.
The third one looks just fine.

Yeah, I put up the first two for the Usery range and the Superstitions. The third I took from my house. It puts the growth in prospective when you can get up in the air to get a look at what is around you. If I can get my camera to work right at night, I'll try and get some aerials of the valley from 6 or 800 feet up. It's pretty, but depressing to think about how crowded it is getting.

When I was a kid, we hunted dove off Elsworth road. My dad used to hunt at Greenfield and Baseline. Hell, Gilbert road used to be the end of town for Mesa, anything after was Groves until Higley (or is it Recker?) and the Buckhorn Baths, then you were almost to AJ.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Wow, apache junction area is turning into more suburban nightmares - I fking hate those track homes...it sustains and promotes mono-culutre.

Here's my backyard:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/ceramicgod/SmallStormy2.jpg

AJ my ass! I live in fucking Queen Creek! In fact, I live in unincorporated Pinal County. AJ is fucking red tile roofs and meth labs as far as the eye can see.

Anyone know any cool spots that I might be able to get an RC airplane into? Cool rock formations, that kind of thing? I need about 40 feet of relatively unobstructed ground to land in......Thought about Planet of the Apes, but I heard rumblings of it being off limits now...
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's my backyard:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/ceramicgod/SmallStormy2.jpg

AJ my ass! I live in fucking Queen Creek! In fact, I live in unincorporated Pinal County. AJ is fucking red tile roofs and meth labs as far as the eye can see.

Anyone know any cool spots that I might be able to get an RC airplane into? Cool rock formations, that kind of thing? I need about 40 feet of relatively unobstructed ground to land in......Thought about Planet of the Apes, but I heard rumblings of it being off limits now...

Sure looks like a lot of red roofs there if you ask me, but perhaps I'm just having my red roof hallucinations as always.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
[Sure looks like a lot of red roofs there if you ask me, but perhaps I'm just having my red roof hallucinations as always.

No, the red roofs are here, but not as bad as AJ yet. You can disregard your hallucinations

GT
Unless they are telling you to send me money--then you need to obey the voices in your head
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Don't post beautiful AZ picks!  We don't need any more Ohiowan Jack OFFs moving here! hr

Hey markm , FUCK OFF !!!

I'll be sure to look you up when I get there !heap
SxS
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Is the third picture looking northeast from Queen Creek?  If so that open land in the center is state trust land.  They're already talking about selling it and calling it Superstition Vista.  Its going to be red tile roofs from the San Tans to the Superstitions.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Is the third picture looking northeast from Queen Creek?  If so that open land in the center is state trust land.  They're already talking about selling it and calling it Superstition Vista.  Its going to be red tile roofs from the San Tans to the Superstitions.  

Yup. That is the reason the AZ folks tend to not want any new folks moving in. I don't really care if you come to AZ and bring a love of firearms with you, but most of the fucksticks from Kali are bringing naught but liberal fear of weapons with them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:01:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Hopefully never, but if/when my desert looks like that ^

I'm evacuating, taking the profits and moving to higher ground.

I will NOT live with that.  Ever.  I refuse to be part of the mono-culture.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#25]
... I love Arizona. Been here all my life, but I'm getting pretty burned out in the Valley.
I'm making a slow but sure exodus to the mountains. These pix are very near the spot I'm building a cabin to retire in.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:12:08 AM EDT
[#26]
WW, that is some pretty country! Is that above the snow level?
I'd love to be able to move away from the fucking clutter, but can't afford it. And it just doesn't seem right to abandon where I grew up.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:29:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Some of mine.  Pics taken with Olympus.  Ecuse the digital blurring...these are scanned from old, old pics I took in the '90s

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#28]
From my front yard this spring.  Superstition Mountain, with the Flat Iron in the clouds.  No F'ing monoculture here, baby!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:23:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Verde River.....Favorite fishing spot.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:59:17 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
From my front yard this spring.  Superstition Mountain, with the Flat Iron in the clouds.  No F'ing monoculture here, baby!
tinypic.com/9r0dur.jpg

That is SWEEET!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Around Table Mesa shooting area.

Bang
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Side Winder found on the road to Crown King.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Side Winder found on the road to Crown King.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/F4Dee/SideWinderCrownKing.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/F4Dee/SideWinderCrownKing2.jpg

I recognize that sidewinder. He got suspended for 'roids. Ain't no way a snake can get that big without being on the juice!  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
tinypic.com/9r0dur.jpg

Nice!

That hike up to the Flatiron is badass! Real asskicker, but it is fuckin' sweet up there.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#38]
The Flat Iron/Syphon Draw is an ass kicker.  I hiked to the waterfall a couple of weeks ago in 115 degree heat to help some people that ran out of water.  It was a real mo'fo.  I've been on technical rope rescues on top of the waterfall.  Thankfully, they were in better weather.  Support Search and Rescue, get lost.

Summer full moon hikes through Garden Valley, Peralta, Bluff Springs, and Dutchmen's trails are outstanding!

Mike
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:03:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:15:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
members.cox.net/k9trainer/red.jpg

Fire in the sky!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#43]
... Dang, some of you guys are quite accomplished shutterbugs, professional or otherwise - I'm impressed.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:22:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Many of these pics should be BANNED FROM NON AZ NATIVE SIGHT!!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Damn Josh...are you a pro photographer or what???

Where did you find all of those ducks in one place...I must know.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Sheesh dude. Stand down! Arfcommers are the kind of folks we WANT in AZ. And I say if you're gonna make nativeness a qualification to live in AZ, let's make it 4 generations of natives.

GT
Gonna get my Great Great Grandad's pistol outta dad's safe and get some pics of it. Colt SAA.

And next time I get out to grandad's place, I'll get some pictures of the family album. Including my grandmother's grandparent's. Polygamyst settlers......

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheesh dude. Stand down! Arfcommers are the kind of folks we WANT in AZ.

... awe, that's just markm moda operandi - He thinks we should all wear mullets like his. w00t!

... More pix, less dialog!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#48]
MULLET PICS!!!!!!

C'mon markm, show us the mullet!!!!!  What year of Camaro do you drive???  I am gonna guess somewhere around 79-80.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheesh dude. Stand down! Arfcommers are the kind of folks we WANT in AZ. And I say if you're gonna make nativeness a qualification to live in AZ, let's make it 4 generations of natives.

GT
Gonna get my Great Great Grandad's pistol outta dad's safe and get some pics of it. Colt SAA.

And next time I get out to grandad's place, I'll get some pictures of the family album. Including my grandmother's grandparent's. Polygamyst settlers......

you one of them there Mormons?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GT

you one of them there Mormons?

Nah, we are what you'd call "Jack Mormon" Though my great grandmother went to church regularly.

There is a branch of my family in Benson that is kind of active in the church, but not puritanical.

There are about 350 of us in AZ, and some more in NM and Colorado. Our family reunion (year 41 or so I think) is always a blast. I wanted to go this year and get some aerials of the area (in greenlee county kinda east of Morenci.) but had to work.

600lbs of beef in the pit, and another 100 lbs of pork.

GT
It wouldn't surprise me if I had family on this board...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top