Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2009 7:31:21 PM EDT
I somehow missed this and figured I would post it in case anyone else missed it.  I figured its probably a re post but its work bringing up again just in case someone else missed it.

A federal judge put an injunction on the rule change allowing us to carry in a National Park with a State CWL (happened March 19th).  Looks like we will have to wait till the amendment allowing us to carry in National parks takes effect sometime in February.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=4634&issue=
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 9:52:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Whoa....  Thanks for the heads up.  I didn't hear anything about that.  

You've just helped prevent me from breaking any future laws... seriously.  
ETA:  

Until further notice, individuals cannot legally carry loaded,
concealed firearms for personal protection in national parks and
wildlife refuges.

What about Hernando Sportsman Club?  

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, thank you for the heads up!
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 11:10:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Here in N.FLa there is Osceola National Forest that actually has a Rifle and Pistol range. What does anyone think the stipulation is regarding CCW since that National Forrest provides this public range? Sorry if I don't get it, still just trying to see the relevance.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here in N.FLa there is Osceola National Forest that actually has a Rifle and Pistol range. What does anyone think the stipulation is regarding CCW since that National Forrest provides this public range? Sorry if I don't get it, still just trying to see the relevance.

national Forrest rules are different from national parks rules. its two different depts.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 1:37:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The ability to carry firearms in national forests already falls under the purview of the states in which they are located so state rules apply.

Carrying in national parks and wildlife refuges is another matter entirely; and it has been prohibited under federal regulation for years.

In its waning months; he Bush administration approved new regulations that allowed holders of concealed weapons licenses to carry in national parks and wildlife refuges; but those new regulations were challenged in court and an injunction was placed against them by a liberal federal judge.

An amendment to Obama's recently enacted credit card law will again allow individuals to carry firearms in national parks and wildlife refuges; and no longer will that right be limited to those who have concealed weapons licenses.

Unfortunately; since this was an amendment to the new credit card law which gives banks a nine month period until which time they must comply; the firearms provision will not take affect until February 2010 as well.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:55:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ability to carry firearms in national forests already falls under the purview of the states in which they are located so state rules apply.

Carrying in national parks and wildlife refuges is another matter entirely; and it has been prohibited under federal regulation for years.

In its waning months; he Bush administration approved new regulations that allowed holders of concealed weapons licenses to carry in national parks and wildlife refuges; but those new regulations were challenged in court and an injunction was placed against them by a liberal federal judge.

An amendment to Obama's recently enacted credit card law will again allow individuals to carry firearms in national parks and wildlife refuges; and no longer will that right be limited to those who have concealed weapons licenses.

Unfortunately; since this was an amendment to the new credit card law which gives banks a nine month period until which time they must comply; the firearms provision will not take affect until February 2010 as well.

thanks for the info..
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 3:13:56 AM EDT
[#7]
this is such bullshit...........
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 4:09:31 AM EDT
[#8]
you mean no LEGAL carry in National Parks.........

I do it any way, always have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top