Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 9:58:44 AM EDT
Hi guys,

Going to be driving down the turnpike from Orlando to Miami, and I want to know if anyone is aware of construction or any slow downs on the turnpike.  Should be coming down there this friday night.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:47:35 PM EDT
[#1]
you'll be fine if its at night......W.Palm is usually slow as balls during rush hours(4-7ish), but after that its clear sailing....why not take I-95? savs you like $15 in tolls
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Or come down SR-27 if you have the time.
Oh, nevermind I see that you'll be driving at night.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a Sunpass if you sdon't already have one,
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:36:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Watch out for snow plows.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Watch out for snow plows.

And anyone with NY/NJ or any Canadian plates.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:55:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Get a Sunpass if you sdon't already have one,

+eleventybillion

cheaper tolls, and you save buku time on sitting in line for toll booths
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I know there is a contruction site on the turnpike when you exit I-4 and head south towards Miami; they are widening the road and it covers a good track from the I-4 ramp to the 527 interchange. I second the Sun-Pass thing; it'll get you through tolls faster; oh, and if you haven't done so already, invest in a good Radar Detector, something like an 11 band detector that picks up K, KA, X and Specter bands (All Police agancies in the state of Florida use either Laser, KA, K, Airborn VASCAR or POP bands; FHP in particular uses KA Band radars). Other than that, just watch out for people with out of state plates, specially Canadians and people from Nu Joisey .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top