Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2007 8:10:25 AM EDT
This morning around 0230 I was heading toward Tampa on I-4.
On the other side of the highway there was three FHP crown vics driving side by side with emergency lights on and not letting anyone pass.
They had a pretty good backup behind them and appeared to be moving alot slower than the 70MPH limit.
Any idea what was going on?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:52:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Car chase lane block...

They usually do this if a drunk driver or car chase is in action...

They will block off traffic to not let anyone get by until the danger is off the street...

I've seen this alot in my area in Broward County on I-95 east coast...

It's for your safety so no azz-hole will kill you on the highway...

Ryan - out...
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 12:17:07 PM EDT
[#2]
rolling road block for the construction of the new weigh stations.    was it near mcintosh road and mango?

d
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 1:25:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
rolling road block for the construction of the new weigh stations.    was it near mcintosh road and mango?

d

They were doing that through Lakeland for months during I-4 construction. It really upsets traffic, When they let them go you have a giant pack of cars running together trying to make up time.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:29:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

d

They were doing that through Lakeland for months during I-4 construction. It really upsets traffic, When they let them go you have a giant pack of cars running together trying to make up time.

Kind of like green flag time at Nascar.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 7:42:54 AM EDT
[#5]
As near as I've been able to figure out, they tend to do that through construction areas. Keeps the traffic moving at a "reasonable" speed. And then for bonus points, they drop a half-dozen cruisers down the road to nail people who're speeding out of the mess when they let you go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top