Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 12:32:44 PM EDT
I'm ordering a rifle from Ameetec, and need an FFL in S Florida (the further south the better).  Eagle Arms is around the corner from my house, and Ace's is on my way home from work.

Is there any reason why I should deal with one over the other.  I've dealt with Ace's a couple times (mostly range stuff) and never had a problem.  I've only browsed around Eagle Arms.

Anyone want to pitch in their $.02 so I can get my rifle (not real $.02 )

Thanks,
Jon
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#1]
JonC,
I'll tell you this much about Eagle Arms, there is one 30ish husky white guy in there...he is the nicest and coolest guy in there....the rest of them should be car salesmen and don't really know too much about what they talk about. Aces are good people from what I've heard from friends and Miami Police Supply(a little out of the way but good). There is a Pawn Shop right next to the ARMY SURPLUS store right across from southland mall(formerly Cutler Ridge Mall)

Joe
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:07:47 PM EDT
[#2]
What are these guys gonna charge you for the transfer?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:10:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Go to this page below. Enter your zip code towards the bottom and it will give you a listing of  all the FFL's in your area and how much they charge for the transfer.

www.gunbroker.com/user/dealernetwork.asp

You'll be surprised to find there's probably an FFL within a mile of your house. Hope this helps!

HS1
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What are these guys gonna charge you for the transfer?

i rememer the last time I went into eagle arms they were trying to charge a percent of what i'm paying for the rifle, and they guy told me $80 just to transfer it, I laughed at him and walked out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't heard a quote for less than $30 yet.  The one place that did 'em for less only transfers complete firearms, no lowers.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:13:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Eagle Arms said $40 I believe, no percentage crap.  I'll probably do it there, unless I can't get them to send out their FFL to Ameetec in a reasonable time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:36:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn, by the time you pay the $40 plus the background check charge that's getting expensive.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:48:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Go and see what you can find at the Ft. Lauderdale show this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:59:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I've never had any luck with stripped lowers at the Lauderdale show.  I'll be there this weekend again like I always am though.  It's nice living across the street.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:23:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It's nice living across the street.

you lucky SOB
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I did a transfer from that Pawn shop next to the Army surplus store. I think it was $40. He did give me hos FFL in a minute and I took it with me. The fee for the background check was included.

I also used a C3 dealer George Hodge down South that transfered three guns for $25.00 He will be at the Ft. Luaderdale show.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:42:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Ok, did it today.  Eagle Arms, $30 total ($25 transfer, $5 BG check).  Not bad, close enough for me to walk to from home so I'm happy.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:24:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ok, did it today.  Eagle Arms, $30 total ($25 transfer, $5 BG check).  Not bad, close enough for me to walk to from home so I'm happy.

just curious, you in a house or one of those apt thingies behind wendys
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:31:51 AM EDT
[#14]
House, a few blocks east of World Ford just south of 152 st.  (I said I could walk there, not how long it would take. )

I would never, ever want to live in those apartments.  I saw an older guy in the drive through at Wendy's yesterday get out and challenge one of the punk kids that lives in there for messing with his car.  The punks cut through Wendy's on the way to and from the Falls.  That whole complex gives me a very bad vibe.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#15]
yea, I live very close to west perrine and I don't feel safe near those things. You don't live too far from me, only a stop light away, I'm about two blocks west of the publix on 160th
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:14:53 AM EDT
[#16]
http://www.jetsfloridaoutdoors.com/       does transfers, SW 97th Ave and SW 40th St (Bird Rd).
I believe they charge $35-40.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Any of you guys know were I can buy a stripped AR lower around here? I live about 20 Mins. from the area that your talking about.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:52:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Any of you guys know were I can buy a stripped AR lower around here? I live about 20 Mins. from the area that your talking about.

Good luck with that.

If you head over to www.floridashootersnetwork.com and look in the "for sale" forum, there's a guy up in Palm Beach that sells 'em for $110.  Great guy to deal with, but it may be a bit of a drive for you.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:12:49 AM EDT
[#19]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck with that.

If you head over to www.floridashootersnetwork.com and look in the "for sale" forum, there's a guy up in Palm Beach that sells 'em for $110. Great guy to deal with, but it may be a bit of a drive for you.

+1 on what norman said. Court Swett is a great guy to do business with. Last I checked last week he had Ameetec stripped lowers in stock and RRA stripped lowers on order. Total with tax and Background check is like 121 bucks. He will also do transfers for $25. His email is [email protected]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:14:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Does Court Swett have a shop or website?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:19:31 AM EDT
[#21]
DOnt think so dragnet...he works out of his house. I know he does a lot with FALS...he is well known over on Falfiles. Best bet is to email him.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#22]
I contacted him but he's out of lowers at this time.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:09:20 PM EDT
[#23]
go to national gun and ammo those guys charged me like 20 last time-305-642-2355 call em up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top