Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 5:34:25 AM EDT
Does anyone know who does good inexpensive transfers in the Southwest Ohio / Dayton / Tipp City area. Both of my local shops charge $30.00 (Vandalia Tactical) and $35.00 (Old English). Those seem a little high to me. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:20:30 AM EDT
[#1]
The usual is about $20 to $25.  $5 to $10 more than that doesn't seem unreasonable.  That said, you might want to check with Tactical Solutions in Sydney or Ohio Rapid Fire in Troy.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never been to the place in Sidney... don't get up there much.  Is it pretty decent?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:59:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I have use Dave Brandenburg in Beavercreek.  Good Guy.  Kitchen Table FFL.

BURG'S GUNS, LLC. - Dave Brandenburg
Beavercreek, Ohio
[email protected]

Just shoot him an e-mail and ask him how much if he is still doing it.  I haven't had him handle anything in about two years.  

Dan Edgington
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:17:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've never been to the place in Sidney... don't get up there much.  Is it pretty decent?

Selection isn't great.  It's a small, new shop.  Owner (Mark Henmann) is head of the Shelby County Sheriff's Office SWAT Team.  He runs the shop from 5 pm onwards (after his SO day job).  He is good to deal with and he saves me time and aggravation by ordering my reloading supplies.  He's right downtown just across the street from the courthouse on the north side of the square.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Note to Noah: check the Arc of" "Gun Broker FFLS in Ohio."

My guy in New Philadelphia (Gregg Renniker--Penn Station Guns) does mine for ONE DOLLAR!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Peabody's Sports does them for I believe it's $25.00.  You can go to his website and fill out all of the information about the transfer and he will fax a copy to whoever you are buying from.  Seems to be fairly convienant.  He is located in Kettering.  http://peabodysports.com/
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#7]
try here it's in brookville Dale's Guns  833- 0383 I think it's 15.00
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#8]
If you have never done a transfer thru him  ( Jims Guns and Whatever in Beavercreek ) He will do your first onefor FREE!!!!! Well, unless he changed his rules in the last year.. Look up Jims Guns and Whatever... Call him and see what he charges... When I did he said free the first time to get you addicted. i then had two stripped Mega lowers sent to him, and he did indeed run the 4473 for free and I walked out of his show with my lowers and they cost me not a penny at his shop...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Peabody's Sports does them for I believe it's $25.00.  You can go to his website and fill out all of the information about the transfer and he will fax a copy to whoever you are buying from.  Seems to be fairly convienant.  He is located in Kettering.  http://peabodysports.com/

+1 on Peabody's.  I wish I'd used them...coulda saved some money.  Anyway, I did go to Peabody's, and it seems like a pretty nice store.  They've got a sem-munitions training course next door.  You can use Air Soft too.    Maybe an Ohio ARF.commer Air Soft tournament is in order?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 on Peabody's.  I wish I'd used them...coulda saved some money.  Anyway, I did go to Peabody's, and it seems like a pretty nice store.  They've got a sem-munitions training course next door.  You can use Air Soft too.    Maybe an Ohio ARF.commer Air Soft tournament is in order?

Do they actualy have a store front? I called to inquire about a glock 26 and was told they do not have a store. If they have an actual store front I may go there to pick up some decal grips this week.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do they actualy have a store front? I called to inquire about a glock 26 and was told they do not have a store. If they have an actual store front I may go there to pick up some decal grips this week.

It doesn't look much like a gun store.  They order the stuff for you.  I'm not sure how much actual product they have in-house.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top