Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 7:51:42 AM EDT
New Berlin, Curran and Springfield got hammered last night.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy shit.

Glad you're okay.

How did the rest of you Springfielders fare the storm?

In the Chicago area they said Bridgeview(which is the town next to me) was hit the hardest.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#2]
i was in chatham at a restaurant at the time which is less that 5 miles from where it came through.  my waitress was freaking out, i just sat down and ordered.

jake
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Holy shit.

Glad you're okay.

How did the rest of you Springfielders fare the storm?

In the Chicago area they said Bridgeview(which is the town next to me) was hit the hardest.

Deej, thanks for asking were ok here. I actually feel a little guilty my house suffered no damage aside from a blown down fence section. My neighbor across the street had his garage door blow in and lost a bunch of shingles. I added some extra pics from today.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow! I lived in Chatam 5.5 years ago before moving to AZ. I remember a bunch of these areas that were hit. Glad nobody was killed. I am moving back to central Illinois later this spring or early summer. My wife is demanding a underground shelter. Finally get a chance to have my own bunker.  Hope everyone comes out ok. Best wish's
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:47:29 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah, it's weird-i used to eat at that wendy's just about everyday, and i worked at the menards behind it for three years.

jake
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#6]
some live b&w video of east side of springfield during tornados http://www.twistedsites.com/march12.htm
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Holy Shit Great Pictures I feel for all of the people (Humble) to close to home
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Whoot-de-mofo-Whoot. I got power back about 2 hours ago, according to the flashing clock. It's been cold, and dark for four days. My store is still without power, or internet, and the generator died today. BUT I GOT POWER AT HOME NOW, WHOO HOO. I have many pics to get posted. My buddy has some video and pic links up at twistedsites. There is a really nice arial photo set in pdf form. The only one I took out was my work area. We're the yellow mark, with no damage, the nieghbor (red mark) lost her air unit. The green marks are heavily damaged areas, with the blue being moderate. Look at the line of cars on the right. lol, we went around the back way in about 5 minutes. Hope everyone else is well.

I'm off to do the things you can't do without power, did I mention I GOT POWER NOW.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#9]
dot_bob

So you work at the Computer Deli?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#10]
talk about cars.  it was amazing just how many people were out and about the night of the storm.  as i was going south through rochester people were just pouring out.  i guess to go look around.  then on the news that was all emergency responders were saying was to stay at home.  i guess it was a real henderance (sp?).

jake
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
dot_bob

So you work at the Computer Deli?

That's us.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Yikes, glad Im on vacation. Hope you all fared the best as could be expected.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:01:19 AM EDT
[#13]
How come I do not hear everyone complaining they did not get credit cards so they can go gambling?  I also think this was Bush's fault!  The feds need to compensate everyone!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top