Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 2:31:45 PM EDT
Hey guys...I need your help...many years ago I bought a gun from a shop in/around the Evansville area, called Dan's Guns....

Is it still there...if so, does anyone have a number? Directory Asstiance does not have a number and I cannot find it on the web...

Thanks...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:36:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been in Evansville for 15 years and I've never heard of it.  Where was it?  Do you remember what part of town?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:02:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I want to say that it was in the Northern part of the town....like in the surbuban area, near the Interstate...I have checked Booneville as well...

Is there any small communities outside Evansville..?

I was ther in the mid 90's..maybe '95-'96...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:19:40 PM EDT
[#3]
The only gunstore I know of on the north side is Red Ghost, I have never heard of Dan's or anything that sounded familiar.

All that is left now is Rajos, Strictly Shooting, and Guns Unlimited.  There are a ton of pawnshops but thats about it.

Sorry
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys...

I know it was Dan's Guns...he was a stocking dealer for HK in the early 90's...I had contacted him about buying a HK P7M8...ended up that I bought a Beretta 92F from him...drove there to pick it up....

Oh well...thanks again...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Was it maybe on highway 57 just south of Interstate 64?  There used to be a gun and archery shop there but he went out of business after they put in I-164 as a bypass around Evansville and it cut off the part of highway 57 where his store was.  
I can't think of any other shops that were or are in that area.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Was it maybe on highway 57 just south of Interstate 64?  There used to be a gun and archery shop there but he went out of business after they put in I-164 as a bypass around Evansville and it cut off the part of highway 57 where his store was.  
I can't think of any other shops that were or are in that area.  Sorry.

That may be it...it's been nearly 10 years since I was there...oh well...thanks to all..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top