Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2022 12:10:17 AM EDT
Anyone else hearing about this in the valley?  Facebook groups are being lit up with reports about people being turned away at polling places by borough employees.  Apparently they switched peoples' polling locations 15 days ago and didn't inform them.  They're also not telling them where their polling place is, and not letting them know they can vote at the place they went to, just on a provisional ballot.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:56:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting, haven't heard about that. Had no issues today, other than our polling location being shifted to the opposite end of the district...

Link Posted: 11/9/2022 1:24:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't heard or witnessed anything. I was made aware of the polling changes during the primary election.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 2:07:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't heard or witnessed anything. I was made aware of the polling changes during the primary election.
View Quote
The things being moved around recently part might just be Facebook nonsense then.  I didn't get a new polling place but I knew there were changes.  I got a new voter ID back before the special election.  There are several people claiming they weren't informed and they didn't get a new ID.

Some of the district locations on the state website are wrong though.  They also shouldn't be just turning people away, they should get some assistance on where their location is and a choice to go there or vote a provisional ballot at the polling place they went to.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 3:23:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The things being moved around recently part might just be Facebook nonsense then.  I didn't get a new polling place but I knew there were changes.  I got a new voter ID back before the special election.  There are several people claiming they weren't informed and they didn't get a new ID.

Some of the district locations on the state website are wrong though.  They also shouldn't be just turning people away, they should get some assistance on where their location is and a choice to go there or vote a provisional ballot at the polling place they went to.
View Quote

I wholeheartedly agree. While I was voting I did witness one couple that recently moved to Palmer, the man was in their records, but the woman was not. They just had her fill out a provisional. I think the messaging overall was lackluster. In my 5 years of living in Alaska, it seems a majority of the people either A) Don't vote at all or B) Drag their feet until the very last minute.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 6:08:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Girlfriend's polling place moved from one school to another recently out in the Palmer area.  She went to the middle school and had to go to the high school I guess.  Not that big of a deal, but it did catch her by surprise that it changed.  She's been working non freaking stop 7-12's, 14 on 2 days off, 14 days on 2 days off for MONTHS.   She is tired and missed the change.  She was there at 7:20am and supposedly 40 people were ahead of her already if she heard that correctly.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 6:29:05 AM EDT
[#6]
https://www.elections.alaska.gov/results/22GENR/ElectionSummaryReportRPT.pdf

Not sure if this will update, but I'm posting this about 1:30am.

Looking at the numbers and factoring in the Ranked Choice Voting scam, I don't see how Kelly wins against Lisa.  Lisa Murkowski will win again it appears to me.  336 out of 402 precincts reporting.  Hypothetically, if all of Pat Chesbro's votes went to Lisa right now, Lisa would have 105,843 votes.  Pat Chesbro is a commie, so I would assume her voters chose Lisa as their second choice, not Kelly.  If Kelly picked up all of the Buzz Kelly votes, she would have 95,371.  This will drag out for a while I suppose.  But I figured Scott Kendall's plan would probably work out to keep his friend Lisa Murkowski n office under this corrupt system.  We shall see.

Do you guys see something I am missing there?  It is late and my head hurts...lol!
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah I agree. The ranked choice will keep her in.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://www.elections.alaska.gov/results/22GENR/ElectionSummaryReportRPT.pdf

Not sure if this will update, but I'm posting this about 1:30am.

Looking at the numbers and factoring in the Ranked Choice Voting scam, I don't see how Kelly wins against Lisa.  Lisa Murkowski will win again it appears to me.  336 out of 402 precincts reporting.  Hypothetically, if all of Pat Chesbro's votes went to Lisa right now, Lisa would have 105,843 votes.  Pat Chesbro is a commie, so I would assume her voters chose Lisa as their second choice, not Kelly.  If Kelly picked up all of the Buzz Kelly votes, she would have 95,371.  This will drag out for a while I suppose.  But I figured Scott Kendall's plan would probably work out to keep his friend Lisa Murkowski n office under this corrupt system.  We shall see.

Do you guys see something I am missing there?  It is late and my head hurts...lol!
View Quote

I do think it is likely that Murk wins again.

They're up to 387 of 402 now.

With RCV it's hard to make an accurate prediction.  It's unlikely many of the votes for Chesboro will go to Tshibaka, but there will be a less than 0 number that don't rank anyone, I also doubt many of the write-ins will be ranking 2nd choices.  If you don't rank anyone your vote is completely removed from the equation when they start racking 2nd choice votes.  If you think that you won't get ranked 2nd by any of those voters, if you're ahead it's better for you if they didn't rank anyone at all.  If none of the Chesboro or write-in voters ranked anyone number 2, her percentage would shoot up to 49.30%, Murk would also jump to 47.45% but then it comes down to the Kelley REP voters.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 3:24:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I went to the range rule protest several years ago in Palmer.  I heard it was not being enforced.  It was on the ballet for Matanuska-Susitna Borough as Proposition No. 1.  Requiring Voter Ratificatin of Any Ordinance Regulating the Discharge of Firearms.

For some reason this Proposition did not appear on our ballets in Houston even though we're in Mat--Su.

I saw on Must Read Alaska it passed something like 20K to 8K.

Alaskans still like shooting their guns!  Do Not Touch!
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 10:33:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I went to the range rule protest several years ago in Palmer.  I heard it was not being enforced.  It was on the ballet for Matanuska-Susitna Borough as Proposition No. 1.  Requiring Voter Ratificatin of Any Ordinance Regulating the Discharge of Firearms.

For some reason this Proposition did not appear on our ballets in Houston even though we're in Mat--Su.

I saw on Must Read Alaska it passed something like 20K to 8K.

Alaskans still like shooting their guns!  Do Not Touch!
View Quote
I remember seeing that on the ballot.  Are you inside the city limits?  Only those of us outside city limits got to vote on that for some reason.  Check section 3 at this link.

https://matsugov.us/docs/general/22657/PropNo1OrdinanceSerialNo22-051.pdf

ETA: The unofficial results are showing it passing 20,054 to 7,979.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 2:14:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, we are inside the city limits of Houston.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 12:03:39 AM EDT
[#12]
You sent Lisa back
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:13:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You sent Lisa back
View Quote

The voting system that was put in place to keep her in kept her in. Weird how that works.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You sent Lisa back
View Quote

Sorry man.  Many of us called it.  Vote fraud and corruption is out of control up here.  We need a forensic audit of the election and a complete hand recount at a minimum.  

Beyond that, as Arfcom's resident conspiracy theorist, I suspect this isn't over and Lisa will not serve out the six-year term.  Trump needed Lisa gone bad, and he even came to Alaska last summer to help Kelly Tshibaka.  One of Trump's loyal public influencers making the rounds around the country dealing with election strategy was just in Alaska a week ago.  Right after that, Kelly concedes the race and ends with a Trump reference.  

“I’m proud of the race we ran and proud to have united Alaskans in our fight against the disastrous Biden administration, which has targeted our economy every single day they have been in office. I entered the race to be a voice for the voiceless, and to stand up for the Alaskans who stood up for me and my family when we needed opportunities. I love this state with all my heart because of its endless potential and because of the resilient, compassionate, and fiercely loyal people who call it home. I will continue to fight for Alaska and for we, the people, but will take some time to reflect upon what that may look like.

“It’s clear from the ranked choice tabulations that Sen. Lisa Murkowski has been re-elected, and I congratulate her on that. The new election system has been frustrating to many Alaskans, because it was indisputably designed as an incumbent-protection program, and it clearly worked as intended. Additionally, it is regrettable that Sen. Mitch McConnell spent millions of dollars in this race on deceptive ads to secure what he wanted – a Senate minority that he can control, as opposed to a majority that he could not. Donors’ money would have been better spent in other states to elect more Republicans that would have secured a majority in the Senate. In the end, however, our Alaska U.S. Senate election turned out to be another victory for the Washington, D.C. insiders who rarely have our best interests at heart.

“No matter how dark things may seem to some right now, the light of hope can never be extinguished in the Land of the Midnight Sun. I saw that light shining bright and strong in the eyes of the thousands of Alaskans I met along the way, and the thousands more who supported our campaign by volunteering, by donating, and by voting. I felt the warmth of that light in the open arms with which they welcomed me into their communities, villages, and homes. I am deeply grateful for their kindness, generosity, and support.

“I also thank my wonderful husband, Niki, and five incredible children for enduring the long hours and never-ending travel. I am grateful to President Trump for his support and encouragement. Above all, I thank God, who makes everything possible, for guiding me on this journey.

“Stay tuned. The best is yet to come!” Tshibaka said.

That comment at the end struck me because Trump's guy was just here a week ago.  In the meantime, we need a forensic audit and a hand recount of the paper ballots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top