Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 8:59:31 AM EDT
E-mail sent out by Westchester Co. Legislator Catherine Borgia:

Dear Friends and Neighbors:

The recent slaughter of innocent children and staff in the school shooting at Newtown has us all feeling upset and horrified. As a nation, we have spent the past week sending our love and support to those impacted by this terrible crime.

Even though this is the evil act of one individual, this crime did not happen in a vacuum. I believe it is incumbent on all of us to rethink our cultural glorification of violence, our inadequate response to mental illness, and our policies and procedures regarding the distribution and use of firearms, particularly rapid-firing automatic weapons.

Changes must be made, and we must work collaboratively to take sensible action to reduce violence in our communities.

Of course, most gun owners are responsible and law-abiding citizens and people of good will, and most people with mental illness do not commit crimes. That’s why I am hopeful that we can find ways to move forward together to create common sense changes that will diminish the culture of violence.

As your elected representative on the County Board, I believe my responsibility to protect the health safety and welfare of Westchester County residents is my sacred duty. I am conducting a thorough review of all of the laws, policies, and procedures in place in Westchester County and New York State dealing with the permitting and purchasing of firearms.

And as the chair of the Board of Legislators Government Operations committee, which oversees the management of County Parks and Recreation facilities, I have requested detailed records of the Sportsman’s Center at Blue Mountain to determine the percentage of high-capacity weapons in that facility and the demographic breakdown of military, paramilitary, public safety and resident use of that facility. This information will guide the committee’s discussion on potential policy changes when we reconvene in early January.

In the coming weeks, I will be working with my colleagues on resolutions to our federal and state representatives asking them to ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines except for military and law enforcement use. I will review all the recommendations of the President Obama’s new task force headed by Vice President Biden and support all reasonable measures that emerge from that group.

Also, the Board of Legislators will be discussing permanently banning gun shows from the County Center, which reinstates a long-held county policy, as I believe this facility should be used for recreational uses that entire families can enjoy. As a member of the Community Services committee, I will be an active participant in a detailed discussion of how we can better identify individuals who are suffering from mental health issues and give greater support to those individuals and their families.

We mourn together for the victims of this terrible crime. Let’s also work together to create a better, safer, less violent society in its aftermath.

Please contact me at [email protected] or call 914-994-2812 to share your thoughts on this or any other county matter.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#1]
CUNT
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:20:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Apparently we need a ban on food as well, because that looks like a much bigger threat to this cunt than any shiny things that go bang.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:28:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Paramilitary? I'm guessing she means State Guard? (Not National Guard)
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

And as the chair of the Board of Legislators Government Operations committee, which oversees the management of County Parks and Recreation facilities, I have requested detailed records of the Sportsman’s Center at Blue Mountain to determine the percentage of high-capacity weapons in that facility and the demographic breakdown of military, paramilitary, public safety and resident use of that facility. This information will guide the committee’s discussion on potential policy changes when we reconvene in early January.

In the coming weeks, I will be working with my colleagues on resolutions to our federal and state representatives asking them to ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines except for military and law enforcement use. I will review all the recommendations of the President Obama’s new task force headed by Vice President Biden and support all reasonable measures that emerge from that group.

She calls for detailed records to guide discussion / policy but yet already pledges to ban "assault weapons" and "large" magazines?  Why waste time with a study!

CUNT.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:30:48 AM EDT
[#5]
rapid firing automatic weapons. i swear to god its like these people got all their terminology from Steven Segal movies
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 9:34:10 AM EDT
[#6]
How about funding armed guards in every Westchester school yesterday? Oh wait that will cost money ,be too effective and not address the real agenda.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
rapid firing automatic weapons. i swear to god its like these people got all their terminology from Steven Segal movies

Was about to comment on this as well, personally I do think they know the difference, but continue to use the "Rapid Firing / Automatic Weapon"  terminology to fit their political agenda and brain washing of the uninformed...
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Sent her a long email just now
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Just emailed her. Said that if she presses with a ban I and other gun owners will donate to her opponents to ensure she's never re-elected. Hope it will come through.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:31:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have requested detailed records of the Sportsman’s Center at Blue Mountain to determine the percentage of high-capacity weapons in that facility and the demographic breakdown of military, paramilitary, public safety and resident use of that facility. This information will guide the committee’s discussion on potential policy changes when we reconvene in early January.

Will the Sportsman's Center tell her to shove her gestapo tactics and reject her requests for info?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:33:39 PM EDT
[#11]
My e-mail:

Dear Ms. Borgia:

Your e-mail contained these two statements:

"I will be working with my colleagues on resolutions to our federal and state representatives asking them to ban assault weapons and high capacity magazines except for military and law enforcement use"

"Also, the Board of Legislators will be discussing permanently banning gun shows from the County Center, which reinstates a long-held county policy, as I believe this facility should be used for recreational uses that entire families can enjoy."

You should be aware that many entire families enjoy the shooting sports; for example, my nine year old daughter and my wife shoot, as do I.

I also own what in your ignorance you call an "assault weapon" with several pre-ban standard capacity (30 rounds) magazines.

You are not alone in elected government positions in being a person ignorant of both firearms and people; neither are you the only official guilty of violating your oath of office to uphold the constitution.

As a politician, I am sure you see the value of dishonesty in all things, the necessity to pander to the whims of the mob, and the importance of self aggrandizement.

What surprises me is that you don't see that you will not be establishing a "Thousand-Year Reich", an imperial principate, like the Roman Empire or even a petty dictatorship that would outlive you.  Are you also so ignorant of history and historical trends to think that you will be anywhere other than prison or obscurity within the decade?

This Republic will continue, despite traitors like yourself.

Had you not been so foolish as to announce your unsuitability for public office you might have continued on in a minor position, ignored by all; now, you have made yourself a public fool. You stand out from your admittedly rather pathetic colleagues like the proverbial "Turd in a Punch Bowl".

May you come to you senses, resign your position, and do penance by serving in a useful private-sector job you are qualified for, like a cleaning woman.

May God forgive you your arrogance.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 1:05:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Another brain surgeon who thinks the answer is to restrict the rights of law abiding citizens and ignore the root cause of the problem. I'd like to hear what her plan is to "fix" the mentally ill and all the other societal ills. I'm sure the ACLU is waiting with baited breath and lawsuits on those issues too.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Sounds like she's never been there.....
Idiot
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Let 'em drive the Fire truck just once in the parade, next thing they think they're the Chief.
Oooh she's the Chairwoman, well hoo-ha whoop-de-do-fuck, I'm so impressed.
cower and supply the demanded documents, better yet walk into the meeting and wipe your ass with the request, then walk out.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:08:51 PM EDT
[#15]
"assault weapons" are already illegal in this fine state... oh wait... I'll guess we will have to redefine what an 'assault weapon' is so we can ban more things.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:55:35 AM EDT
[#16]
I think the term "CUNT" is fitting. "FUCKING CUNT" would be better though.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:23:10 AM EDT
[#17]
For those who have never shot at blue mountain, you are required to sign in with name, address, and caliber of weapon for the large bore range.  If she gets those records, it is a who's who of every black rifle owner that has used that facility.  This sucks...
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:41:37 AM EDT
[#18]
.223 caliber could mean a Remington 700, 7.62x39 could be a CZ bolt gun, or a ranch rifle.  Make sure you remember what you were shooting and subsequently sold if questioned.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:58:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Email sent

"First, firearms and shooting IS a family recreational use.

Secondly, we need fewer gun laws in this state, not more.

I will be leaving this state because of politicians like you and the Governor who cannot find it within your abilities to punish the real criminals and protect society without imposing oppressive laws and regulations on the law-abiding majority.

We need more mental health facilities...not the group homes the governor is pushing for, but true mental health facilities that get the nutjobs out of the general population. In almost every mass shooting of the past decade, all but 2 or 3 of the shooters was being treated for a psych disorder.

Secondly, we need an actively utilized death penalty. No ten or twenty years of appeals. One appeal within 90 days of conviction, and then a publicly held hanging. Send a message to the criminal element that their shenanigans will not be tolerated by the general public.

Lastly, we need fewer politicians such as yourself. Your heart may be in the right place, but your policies and aims are not. Please find a job in the private sector that’s more in line with whatever skillset you might have that would make you an asset to the company

Have a nice day"

Short and to the point

I could have gone on in more detail, but I think that hit the high points.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:04:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

"assault weapons" are already illegal in this fine state... oh wait... I'll guess we will have to redefine what an 'assault weapon' is so we can ban more things.

The NY AWB2 that has passed the NY Assembly several times in  prior years added pump action rifles with one AW feature (including a muzzle brake) to the list of banned assault weapons.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:47:33 AM EDT
[#21]
So why is she checking the records of the "Sportsman’s Center at Blue Mountain to determine the percentage of high-capacity weapons in that facility and the demographic breakdown" ?!?  

She need to be up to date on the fact that no AR-15 was used during the school shooting.

How was she voted into office?!?

Quoted:

Dear Friends and Neighbors:

The recent slaughter of innocent children and staff in the school shooting at Newtown has us all feeling upset and horrified. As a nation, we have spent the past week sending our love and support to those impacted by this terrible crime.

Even though this is the evil act of one individual, this crime did not happen in a vacuum. I believe it is incumbent on all of us to rethink our cultural glorification of violence, our inadequate response to mental illness, and our policies and procedures regarding the distribution and use of firearms, particularly rapid-firing automatic weapons.

Changes must be made, and we must work collaboratively to take sensible action to reduce violence in our communities.

Of course, most gun owners are responsible and law-abiding citizens and people of good will, and most people with mental illness do not commit crimes. That’s why I am hopeful that we can find ways to move forward together to create common sense changes that will diminish the culture of violence.

As your elected representative on the County Board, I believe my responsibility to protect the health safety and welfare of Westchester County residents is my sacred duty. I am conducting a thorough review of all of the laws, policies, and procedures in place in Westchester County and New York State dealing with the permitting and purchasing of firearms.

Also, the Board of Legislators will be discussing permanently banning gun shows from the County Center, which reinstates a long-held county policy, as I believe this facility should be used for recreational uses that entire families can enjoy. As a member of the Community Services committee, I will be an active participant in a detailed discussion of how we can better identify individuals who are suffering from mental health issues and give greater support to those individuals and their families.

We mourn together for the victims of this terrible crime. Let’s also work together to create a better, safer, less violent society in its aftermath.

Please contact me at [email protected] or call 914-994-2812 to share your thoughts on this or any other county matter.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Isn't Blue Mountain known as "one round, blue mound.  You can only load one bullet at a time at the rifle range anyway.  She has obviously never been there.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:54:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Isn't Blue Mountain known as "one round, blue mound.  You can only load one bullet at a time at the rifle range anyway.  She has obviously never been there.

This is true; so where else can we shoot rifles in Westchester County without such ridiculous restrictions?
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

She's looking to make it "no round, blue mound".  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top