Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2008 7:34:30 PM EDT
Ummm yeah. i see all the "westerners" are getting together, why not us?

anyone have any land around knoxville? (figure that would be the best area to meet)

possibly next month or so that way if some of the middle TN guys want to come they can recoop from the western shoot.

any ideas??

Link Posted: 5/14/2008 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm game if we can find someplace to shoot...............
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 4:36:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like fun to me, only place i know is Norris PD Range. but i will be out of the country from June 14-28, ill be in Japan working. So set a date. I am only free the Last weekend of the may 31-1st and July 12-13 LOL . my other 2 weekends off i will be on a damn plane for 15-16 hours.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 5:19:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm in...

I have a key to the Norris PD range also, but I can shoot anywhere.  It would be nice to find somewhere a little more private since the Norris range is somewhat limited on space, and even a small gathering would fill the place up.   Let me know.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 5:29:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm in !!!!!!  Someone send me a PM when you find a site. I'll bring C3 toys.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I a member of Unaka Rod and Gun club.

I know at least one other arfcomer who is as well.

We can bring guestshttp://www.unakarodandgun.com/
If this is not to far for many to travel..............

E-mail me if you are interested

[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:58:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Are any Board Members in the Knox/Oak Ridge area a member of the ORSA range?  It's about 30 minutes west of Knoxville, but one of the very few rifle ranges around.  I'm not sure how their member/visitor policy works out.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 12:00:48 PM EDT
[#8]
it would be nice to find some property. that way we dont have to deal with "outsiders"

if anyone in the knoxville area has some property suitable for a shoot, please IM me

-Tim
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 3:08:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
it would be nice to find some property. that way we dont have to deal with "outsiders"

if anyone in the knoxville area has some property suitable for a shoot, please IM me

-Tim

When all the arfcommers show up and the C3 toys come out....the "outsiders" usually pack up and call it a day
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 3:41:32 PM EDT
[#10]
lol.. well it doesnt really matter to me. just would like to have a place to cook out too.
Link Posted: 5/17/2008 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#11]
A cook out could probably be arranged at Unaka as well......................
Link Posted: 5/17/2008 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#12]
but its in Johnson City. i figured knoxville would be center of the the eastern side of the state. i guess we could have a poll as to where it should be located but i can almost guess it will be voted for knoxville.

any more ideas?
Link Posted: 5/17/2008 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I am in just need a where and when and if I am off I will be there
Link Posted: 5/18/2008 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Too bad Norris dam is a state park or we could shoot at Norris range and then go over to the dam for a cookout.

I may be able to come up with a place now that i think about it i check tomorrow and get back if it can be worked out. I know the owner shoots his 50 there.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 5:59:45 AM EDT
[#15]
fergie,

What about Doc Rose ?  He's a gun guy and has tons of property here as you know.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 8:39:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Royal Blue Firing Range ?
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Checked with the guy and he has his cattle turned out. so that option is out.

I think Royal Blue might be a option they don't have too many resrictions. and it is free to shoot.

Input Tlee?

also might need to dail a date in or so the only weekend i have free is is the 31st-1st. And the 31st being my birthday hmmm.....
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#18]
not sure on a date. i would like to find a place before i poll the date. i need more ideas.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Royal blue, free, don't think there is any class 3 restrictions, nice range

norris range, $10 a day, no machine guns , but a nice range

chuck swan, free i think, never been there

that about the only choices we have unless someone can come up with land to shoot on.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Royal blue, free, don't think there is any class 3 restrictions, nice range

Norris range, $10 a day, no machine guns , but a nice range

chuck swan, free i think, never been there

that about the only choices we have unless someone can come up with land to shoot on.

I used to ride motorcycles and hunt at Royal Blue, but I had no idea they had a range.

I have a gate key for Norris, so we wouldn't have to worry about the key fee deposit thing.

Still... it would be nice to find some private property to play on.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#21]
well if its your bday than what better way to spend it than with a bunch of us and a shit load of guns and some burgers on a grill.
if royal blue everyone needs has to put a address on the back of the targets that they are shooting, i got my ass handed to me up there once cause i didnt do that by 1 of the TWRA guys that happen to come around, so now when i go there i use the stickers that you use for snail mail and just stick them on there
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 10:41:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
well if its your bday than what better way to spend it than with a bunch of us and a shit load of guns and some burgers on a grill.
if royal blue everyone needs has to put a address on the back of the targets that they are shooting, i got my ass handed to me up there once cause i didnt do that by 1 of the TWRA guys that happen to come around, so now when i go there i use the stickers that you use for snail mail and just stick them on there

Just curious... what's the purpose of the ID on your target?
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#23]
wow that weird. i guess they want to notify the .gov if you shoot the 10 ring too many times. possible threat
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Maybe it is to make sure you clean up your targets. dont know.

Still trying to secure some land to shoot on going tomorrow or thursday to check on a place.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#25]
That is correct to make sure you clean up after yourself, the TWRA guy that came upon us last time I was up there really riped us for it and said that we was to have on a orange hat and vest on anytime we were there to shoot or anything else that we was there for.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 6:01:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
That is correct to make sure you clean up after yourself, the TWRA guy that came upon us last time I was up there really riped us for it and said that we was to have on a orange hat and vest on anytime we were there to shoot or anything else that we was there for.

I'm not sure I'd want to go somewhere that required orange on a shooting range.  I guess I could understand if it were hunting season, but not otherwise.

I could be wrong. But with those type of regs, I just can't see them allowing C3 stuff on that range.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 6:57:42 PM EDT
[#27]
yeah me either. ferg, FIND US A PLACE! lol..
Link Posted: 5/22/2008 4:34:54 AM EDT
[#28]
I too would be interested in an East TN shoot.

Please keep us all advised.

Thanks,

Scott
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Ok I have found a place but......

Not been over there in about 2 years, With that said i am going Friday to check it out and see how much work will have to be done.

The other problem is that the bridge going to it has rotten away over the years. But the ajoining property has a bridge and county maintained. I have to get with the owner and see if we can cross the field, dont think there be a problem.

But with my only weekend off this weekend coming i am dieing to shoot before i go to Japan for 2 weeks. So i may go there saturday and shoot for awhile and work on getting it set up for future  use, if the other property owner agrees to let me cross the field.

I will post Friday if it can be done.

No one in my family has been over there in 2 years so i dont know what kind of condition it is in.

It is located in Claiborne County about 6 miles off 25E on toward Sneedville,TN
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Fergie,

If you'll give me a shout I live in Claiborne also and would be very willing to help get this thing off the ground. I have been trying to get a good shoot (FA) for a while.
Link Posted: 5/27/2008 8:21:52 PM EDT
[#31]
kc,

Still have your number ill give you a call after i check it out. plus i need a AK threaded also lol
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Checked out the land today but didn't get to speak with the adjoining Property owner. It would work as long as he goes along with letting us cross his fields to get back in there. Too long of a haul if not.

Up to 100+ yards will be easy to set up just a weed eater and a push mower. but think with a little more work 300- 500 yards could be possible Maybe even further  .

But don't look like it will happen this weekend the neighbor said they was in G-Burg for the weekend.

Barn is still in good condition so there is alot of shade.right side of the strip leading into the property is a hill, straight back is nothing for about 500+ yards then a mountain after that. plus nothing for 100 acres after that but hillside. so alot a safe ways to shoot. It is in a valley so shouldn't have a problem with a good backstop.

definitely after I return from Japan I will be setting it up.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#33]
I live in maynardville and would love to have a shoot.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:52:33 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I live in maynardville and would love to have a shoot.  

Got land?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:06:29 AM EDT
[#35]
I wish I did    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top