Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2003 8:30:09 AM EDT
Folks, I'm looking for a good home for Duke preferably someone with a large yard or land where he can run and a pool or pond would be great because he love to swim.

We moved from such a home into one with too small of a yard and no pool.

Duke is a 5 yr old AKC registered red Doberman with a very gentle disposition but with outstanding watch dog traits.  He has been through 6 weeks of professional training and will sit, stay, come, and heel walk on voice and hand command.

Please email me if you can help out, I'm in the North Houston\Tomball area.

[email protected]

Picture links
img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/311224/Duke_1.jpg

img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/311224/Duke_2.jpg

img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/311224/Duke_3.jpg

img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/311224/Duke_4.jpg
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 12:01:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Email sent.. like I "need" another dog
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Man!  Would love to welcome Duke to our little family, but I doubt he would get along with Gus & Max our kitties

Good luck in finding a good home for him.  Hopefully it will work out with Ropes.

Rob
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 1:58:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Rob,

Duke would be fine with the cats. The question is would the cats get along with Duke?

Link Posted: 8/26/2003 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Rob,

Duke would be fine with the cats. The question is would the cats get along with Duke?

I have a 1 yr old, male, Boxer.  Is Duke socialized with other dogs?  Is he nuetered?

I am interested.  I have 20 acres with creeks, woods, wildlife, and pastures.

Interested.

TRG
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 3:06:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Duke is neutered and is very sociable with other dogs.  At one time we had a female dobie and Duke Realy misses have another dog to play with.

Gary
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Duke is neutered and is very sociable with other dogs.  At one time we had a female dobie and Duke Realy misses have another dog to play with.

Gary

Ok.  Biggest question is why?  Why does he need another home.

A sociable, Doberman with training, needs a good home...?  

Going to go talk to the wife, the more details you can post, the more questions I can answer for her.

TIA

TRG
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#7]
The only reason we are looking for a better home for Duke is because he has not adjusted to our small back yard.  In our other home he had a big yard where he could run and a pool to swim in.

Gary
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Couple more questions.  From the pics posted, the Dobie is outside.  Is he an inside or outside dog?

You did not list a 'price' and I might have been quick to assume that you were simply looking for a home, not a check.

Medical records, shots, heartworm prevention...?

Rope4u posted first, so I will defer to his place in line.  I am interested, so is the wife. IM if you want to talk over the phone.

TRG

ps.  I'm overly cautious.  We adopted a boxer from a rescue service once and had our hearts broken when she died from the complications of heartworms.  I am jaded and cautious, but very interested.

Our current Boxer was the result of a year's worth of screening.  So far, so good...
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#9]
TRG,

Email sent
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
TRG,

Email sent

Reply sent.

TRG
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 5:49:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Duke is still looking to adopt a new family
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top