Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2005 7:04:33 PM EDT
Has Dongs changed owners?

I was in there last Saturday and the help was actually polite and helpful.  Unusual for them.

Prices still high but I was looking for discontinued bullets so I wasn't expecting bargins.

Arc
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 9:18:52 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I was in there last Saturday and the help was actually polite and helpful.  Unusual for them.

Prices still high but I was looking for discontinued bullets so I wasn't expecting bargins.

Arc

That's good to hear they were polite and helpful. I'm hard pressed to find anything in town than I can't order cheaper off of the net. It's got to be tough for retailers out there now a days.

Dong's was one of the few places near Tulsa about 10 years ago or so that carried odd caliber ammo. 9mm Largo and stuff like that. Back when I had my Astra 400 and Destroyer carbines that was about the only place I could get ammo.

I haven't heard of any ownership change though.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The reason you got good help is because of Mr. Yaetes. He used to own Tulsa Reloading, and sells his cast bullets there now at Dongs. But being an oldtimer he has been rubbing off on some of the younger guys.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 1:59:21 AM EDT
[#3]
The guy that owns dongs is Dave Stone. Dave is a hell of a nice guy. He had a few problems last year
with help. They nearly ran his business into the ground.He has another business which he was running
and left his sporting goods to be run by his employees. I agree they were rude. Dave is actively back
in running his store. The other guys ran off his customers and stold him blind. I cant say much more than that cause the criminal trials are still pending. I agree the prices arenot the best and have told him that. He says he will try. Besides running two businesses, being a husband and godfather he is a very active reserve deputy sheriff donating thousands of hours. In fact he was Reserve Deputy of the year. He does give a discount to law enforcement.  Give him a chance. If you have a problem talk to him.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 6:06:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Well that sounds great.  I only get over to Tulsa two-three times a year, but try to stop in and see what I can't live without.  But the last few times I've been there the zombies behind the counter had about convinced me I ought to spend my money somewhere else.

Glad to hear that things are changing.  

This time I was looking for some discontinued Hornady bullets for a Africa trip later this year.  They still had some in stock so I was a happy camper.

Arc
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:07:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I talked to  Dave Stone today about this post. He was visably concerned/upset when I told him of it.
He said the last employee he found being rude was terminated. He said ant time anybody has trouble
with an employee to contact him direct and he would investigate and take appropriate action. He said
he would not tolerate lack of cutomer service.  I have only bought a few things off of him and I am no shill.  Dont hold past experiences against him and give him a try.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Arc

women love dongs...well mine at least
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 2:40:47 AM EDT
[#7]
price sells guns and gains customer loyalty,they can be dicks if the prices are good,but there not.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
price sells guns and gains customer loyalty,they can be dicks if the prices are good,but there not.

Very true.........just look at Outdoor America!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#9]
But do they still have the bucket`o`guns?
Thats where I got my MAADI  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top