Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2008 7:08:33 PM EDT
I was perusing Mini 14 options, and wanted to see if people were SBRing 'em.  I found this video:

www.libertycans.net/mini14sbr.html

Touches off a few, then without clearing it, unscrews the flash suppressor...then installs a can...on a loaded, chambered rifle..and touches off a few more.
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was perusing Mini 14 options, and wanted to see if people were SBRing 'em.  I found this video:

www.libertycans.net/mini14sbr.html

Touches off a few, then without clearing it, unscrews the flash suppressor...then installs a can...on a loaded, chambered rifle..and touches off a few more.

What a Maroon.

That's what happens when cousins marry.

Link Posted: 1/19/2008 7:24:02 PM EDT
[#2]
"As you can see, it works like a dream."
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:59:25 AM EDT
[#3]
You may want to look here just push me he can build anything you want.

I was perusing Mini 14 options, and wanted to see if people were SBRing 'em.

Link Posted: 1/20/2008 6:12:01 AM EDT
[#4]
eta* for the OP(Individual in video) what a Frickin Douchebag!!!! Comeplete Dumbass would be a Compliment

Bone stock Pre-Ban 181 my Trailer Trash Mini

Nosler Ballistic tips,,,,,yeah Smart F*ck come and Home Invade me

Just the Truth
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#5]
My research was purely an intellectual exercise...i owned a preban for about 3 weeks, shot it ONCE...hated it. Sold it at the next gunshow

As for the video...i take it a smith was showing a purchaser his modified mini...i thought i saw it needed corrective action twice? Prior to firing, he chambers the rifle, but it looks like he has to push forward on the op rod to close the chamber...then, when he goes to fire the rifle with the suppressor attached, did he put the safety on? i didn't see that happen, but he pulls the trigger and it FTF. Was that another mechanical issue?

I ain't Hannibal or Faceman, so i'm not really acquainted with the mini system.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I was perusing Mini 14 options, and wanted to see if people were SBRing 'em.  I found this video...Touches off a few, then without clearing it, unscrews the flash suppressor...then installs a can...on a loaded, chambered rifle..and touches off a few more.

Haaa, well, yes “Wade” was (is) very careless with his weapon handling!  Maybe a round through his hand will cure him of it
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#7]
i think a better lesson from this video than silencing a ruger would have been to blow his arm or face off and discuss how to safely change the parts. it would also have made for a more interesting video...imo
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i think a better lesson from this video than silencing a ruger would have been to blow his arm or face off and discuss how to safely change the parts. it would also have made for a more interesting video...imo

Agreed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top