Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2015 8:19:27 PM EDT
I know there is a screening at Ronnie's tonight.  How was it?
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 4:19:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know there is a screening at Ronnie's tonight.  How was it?
View Quote

Decent movie-not nearly as good as it was made out to be. Seemed to jump around quite a bit.

Overall, decent movie, would watch again, but not what I was expecting.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 8:17:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the feedback.  There was a guy in GD bitching about it the other day; he said it didn't follow the book.  I haven't read the book so that obviously wouldn't be an issue for me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the feedback.  There was a guy in GD bitching about it the other day; he said it didn't follow the book.  I haven't read the book so that obviously wouldn't be an issue for me.
View Quote

And thats when I go "Name any movie that has followed its book to the T"....maybe a handful of em
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:31:44 AM EDT
[#4]
How did you guys find out about the early showing?  I would have went...but just a couple more days now.  Can't wait to see this one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:43:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw it the other day, and I can say that while it's a worthwhile watch, I didn't think it was really that great of a movie. (Edited to add: It's not that I disliked it, but I don't understand how the ads say that this is Bradley Cooper's best performance or that it's Oscar worthy)  If you're looking for an action movie, you're not going to find one.  There's a little bit, but it seems to kinda gloss over the action.  It's more about his relationship with his wife and kids and fellow servicemen and less about his record amount of kills.  It didn't completely follow the book, but what movie really does.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I just got a hold of it. I'm gonna watch it later today.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 12:06:26 PM EDT
[#7]
The whining trailers and comparison to Eastwood's million dollar baby did it for me. Not looking to pay money to feel bad.

One reviewer said the first 5 minutes were intense action then you might as well go home.

Loved the book. Don't remember very much about his family in it but then I was probably more interested in his unapologetic killing of those trying to kill our troops.

Too bad. I was really looking forward to it. Think I will pass and just read the book again.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 8:08:48 PM EDT
[#8]
There is another screening tomorrow, Monday, 7 p.m. at Des Peres.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#9]
How do you get tickets?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:05:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't know.  I guess try calling the theatre.

I only know about it because Asymmetric Solutions was doing a give away.  I plan on going to an early show this Friday in Creve Coeur.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Well I just got done watching it. I thought it was pretty good, but I never read the book . I know once I started watching I couldn't stop .

I'd recommend it, and I'm not a movie person. YMMV .
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I just saw the movie at the theater.

I thought it was an excellent film and would strongly recommend it.  At a couple times though it was a little dusty.

RIP Chris.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Wife and I saw it last night, very good, not a kill everybody Rambo type, portrayed the family relationship problems pretty good as well.

The fake baby was terribly obvious, but other than that very good
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:51:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wife and I saw it last night, very good, not a kill everybody Rambo type, portrayed the family relationship problems pretty good as well.

The fake baby was terribly obvious, but other than that very good
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#15]
It was a good watch.  Lots more action than others have mentioned.  Ironically it did not focus on what Kyle's legend is based on, his many confirmed kills.  The scenes from sniper school were almost a joke.  I like Clint a lot but Michael Mann should have directed.....  It would have been more "authentic".
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:02:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Got to see it today as well.  Good movie, everybody should go see.  Liked the part with his dad.  "We sure as hell don't raise any wolfs around here"
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:32:42 AM EDT
[#19]
More comprable to Letters from Iwo than million dollar baby imo.

Explores the duality of the soldier between the trained killer and the emotional human underneath. Decent movie, but I agree, it does jump around a bit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top