Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2010 10:35:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2010 10:41:11 AM EDT by MarcM4A3]
Hey all,
I live in the city of Manassas and would like to shoot my AR15 at a 100 yard range. I see that 5 miles north of me is a private shooting range called the Izaak Walton League. Does anybody belong to this?

I would like to join and am worried that if I don't have a sponser that I will not be allowed in. Can anybody help?

Plus, I assume it is a 100 yard range, right?

They allow AR15s?

One last question, since I live in Manassas (Prince William County), am I allowed to join the Fairfax county league?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:20:24 AM EDT
Well, I believe that chapter of the IWLA is only for folks with residence (or possibly work) in Arlington or Fairfax Counties, though with a quick scan I don't see that stated anywhere on their site Arlington Fairfax IWLA.

There is a chapter in Prince William, but I've never been there. You can check out their webpage at Prince William IWLA

I was thinking of joining the Loudon County IWLA about 5 years ago. At the time you needed residence or work in Loudon County and I didn't qualify.

Hope that helps some.

Oh, as far as sponsorship in the Arlington Fairfax chapter, it's not a problem as it's all handled at the orientation class.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:54:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/8/2010 3:42:42 PM EDT by MarcM4A3]
I just got in touch with the membership guy. You do not have to live in a certain area to join the club. He said there are people who live in WV that are in the club.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:41:46 AM EDT
Excellent!! Having a range 5 miles away from home would be great. Hope you get to take advantage.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:42:16 AM EDT
And yes, IWLA allows ARs on the range. Several ARFCommers are members there. I've run into a few.
Top Top