Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2010 10:35:29 AM EDT
Hey all,
I live in the city of Manassas and would like to shoot my AR15 at a 100 yard range. I see that 5 miles north of me is a private shooting range called the Izaak Walton League. Does anybody belong to this?

I would like to join and am worried that if I don't have a sponser that I will not be allowed in. Can anybody help?

Plus, I assume it is a 100 yard range, right?

They allow AR15s?

One last question, since I live in Manassas (Prince William County), am I allowed to join the Fairfax county league?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I believe that chapter of the IWLA is only for folks with residence (or possibly work) in Arlington or Fairfax Counties, though with a quick scan I don't see that stated anywhere on their site Arlington Fairfax IWLA.

There is a chapter in Prince William, but I've never been there. You can check out their webpage at Prince William IWLA

I was thinking of joining the Loudon County IWLA about 5 years ago. At the time you needed residence or work in Loudon County and I didn't qualify.

Hope that helps some.

Oh, as far as sponsorship in the Arlington Fairfax chapter, it's not a problem as it's all handled at the orientation class.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 11:54:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got in touch with the membership guy. You do not have to live in a certain area to join the club. He said there are people who live in WV that are in the club.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:41:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Excellent!! Having a range 5 miles away from home would be great. Hope you get to take advantage.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#4]
And yes, IWLA allows ARs on the range.  Several ARFCommers are members there.  I've run into a few.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top