Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/15/2011 4:54:42 PM EDT
Well, do we have an artistic HTF member(s) who want to take a stab at designing a HTF logo for the ARFCOM build-your-own shirts? We're all going to need a cheesy gun related t-shirt to cover up our CCW's pretty soon!
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 5:02:14 PM EDT
[#1]
In for pics of the HTF logo....
Link Posted: 5/15/2011 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#2]
In case nobody has seen the already available designs, they can be found here in the store forum. There are some pretty cool ones, and some pretty simple designs. Lets see some ideas!
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 5:28:29 AM EDT
[#3]
A badger (not bucky, but similar), with the boltface on his chest/shirt, carrying a long gun...M4, AK, or a pistol. Maybe a WI sillhouette (sp) in the background to avoid confusion.
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 6:24:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A badger (not bucky, but similar), with the boltface on his chest/shirt, carrying a long gun...M4, AK, or a pistol. Maybe a WI sillhouette (sp) in the background to avoid confusion.

Here's the badger the 115th FW Fire Department uses. Could be a good starting point to come up with something. Maybe a badger like this, crawling through the middle of a BFL, laid over a US Flag outline of Wisconsin?

Link Posted: 5/16/2011 6:56:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

should definitely be wearing a cheesehead and have a miller in one hand and a brat in the other
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's the badger the 115th FW Fire Department uses. Could be a good starting point to come up with something. Maybe a badger like this, crawling through the middle of a BFL, laid over a US Flag outline of Wisconsin?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_WoLdyPb5JL0/TdEzTCnkbtI/AAAAAAAAC74/iSfE358-ZHU/230519_6386086244_508161244_353165_6589_n.jpg

I like it!

I may take a crack at it tonight if I have time.  Been a long time since I've attempted something like that.

Link Posted: 5/16/2011 9:38:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I like that too! I have some artistic inclinations, but my non-existent 'shop skilsl suck...:)

Badger through boltface, WI background, possibly the flag over the state.
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#8]
How about something that doesn't use anything related to ARFCOM? Something unique perhaps?  Just a thought.

Something that maybe ar-15.com can't claim is theirs because it has their logo on it. Not trying to sound anti ar15.com, just saying it would be nice if it was a group thing that nobody could take away from the group as a whole.
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 11:23:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How about something that doesn't use anything related to ARFCOM? Something unique perhaps?  Just a thought.

Something that maybe ar-15.com can't claim is theirs because it has their logo on it. Not trying to sound anti ar15.com, just saying it would be nice if it was a group thing that nobody could take away from the group as a whole.

Link Posted: 5/16/2011 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/16/2011 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/16/2011 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I am thinking a Hippie putting flowers in a gun barrel.  In the background would be a Moon rising over the skyline of Madison and on the back the words to the Kumbaya song.  Why?  Because no one would be thinking CCW under that shirt

On the inside of the shirt is that crazed, rabid looking Badger posted above.

Two shirts in one.
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 6:31:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I am thinking a Hippie putting flowers in a gun barrel.  In the background would be a Moon rising over the skyline of Madison and on the back the words to the Kumbaya song.  Why?  Because no one would be thinking CCW under that shirt

On the inside of the shirt is that crazed, rabid looking Badger posted above.

Two shirts in one.

I REALLY like this idea. I'll take a walk around the square this weekend at farmers market. You'll see a TON of shirts like these. PERFECT idea!!!

Link Posted: 5/17/2011 8:23:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Well, do we have an artistic HTF member(s) who want to take a stab at designing a HTF logo for the ARFCOM build-your-own shirts? We're all going to need a cheesy gun related t-shirt to cover up our CCW's pretty soon!

IIRC, Spawn might be able to help us out as a group if we can forward him some of our ideas.

He's currently putting together some designs for the Survival forum community that are pretty darn good.

I like the badger coming through the BFL with the state silhouette in the background idea.
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 9:16:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

IIRC, Spawn might be able to help us out as a group if we can forward him some of our ideas.  

He's currently putting together some designs for the Survival forum community that are pretty darn good.

I like the badger coming through the BFL with the state silhouette in the background idea.

As much as I like the hippie shirt featuring the Madison skyline, I think the badger idea might be a little bit cooler when not up in commie-ville. I saw in the store forum that Spawn was the go to guy. Unless anyone has a problem with it, I'd be happy to contact him with this thread, and our ideas, to see what we get. I'd still love to see some home grown art too! I can draw by hand, but I have limited computer skills, and no access to any program to make anything other than MS Paint.
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#16]
I sent an IM to Spawn. We are 3rd on the list now behind Minnesota and Texas. He said that we should be able to get something done by next week at the very latest. Still want to see what our home-grown talent can produce for prototypes!
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I kind of agree, especially since now there is the nice little R next to the BFL on the top left of the page.
Yes we are arfcommer's, but we are WIHTF first.

I could draw a crappy stick person carrying a crappy stick flag, and that's about the extent of my artistic side... So lets see what you guys came up with.
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Can't wait to sport a WHTF tee shirt.
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 5:18:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Looking forward to this!
Link Posted: 5/18/2011 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd prefer a polo with a simple logo but that's just me.  

Just not a t-shirt guy.  I know, loser.  Don't really wear hats on my big head either.

But yes, I'll still get in on one either way if it helps the cause.

Link Posted: 5/19/2011 4:43:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'd prefer a polo with a simple logo but that's just me.  

Just not a t-shirt guy.  I know, loser.  Don't really wear hats on my big head either.

But yes, I'll still get in on one either way if it helps the cause.

I agree.  A polo would be nice, but I would probably pick up a tshirt too.
Link Posted: 5/19/2011 9:34:05 AM EDT
[#22]
something simple without the arf bfl would be great.

Link Posted: 5/19/2011 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#23]
How about a bolt face, less the dot, with a badger in the center, and wihtf below the bolt face?
Link Posted: 5/20/2011 6:46:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I kind of agree, especially since now there is the nice little R next to the BFL on the top left of the page.
Yes we are arfcommer's, but we are WIHTF first.

I could draw a crappy stick person carrying a crappy stick flag, and that's about the extent of my artistic side... So lets see what you guys came up with.

While I appreciate the opinions that this not be an "ARFCOM" shirt, the fact is they are going to be the ones footing the bill on any art work, and screen printing processes, etc,  to make the shirt available at a very reasonable cost in their store. I order a lot of printed shirts in my duties at work for the department. To be able to single order shirts at the price they make them available is unheard of. That being said, my opinion (which is know is like an asshole) is that they are more than entitled to have "rights" to any logo they help develop and agree to print in the name of the WIHTF.  Not "butt-hurt," just reality of the given situation.

Anyway... My intention was to begin the discussion about a possible logo since I'm ashamed to see that Arkansas and Florida have beat us to it, AlsoI know we can come up with something better than some of the other logos. My vision was the crazed badger crawling out of the middle of a BFL, perhaps with the rest of the BFL filled in the background with the Wisconsin state flag logos. Maybe crossed AR15's in the background?

Spawn will be around soon to help out as well, and then we'll really get some action rolling in this thread.  

Link Posted: 5/20/2011 8:53:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
something simple without the arf bfl would be great.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/gunrunnerusmc03/newsticker.jpg

Now put an outline of a badger head behind all of this.
Link Posted: 5/20/2011 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Updated OP.
Link Posted: 5/20/2011 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#27]
I like PFC Kramers. Simple, to the point, and freaking awesome.
Link Posted: 5/20/2011 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#28]
I like the bolt face logo on the Wisconsin flag myself. Looks great!
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 8:06:04 AM EDT
[#29]
I like PFC Kramer's and the BFL with Angry Badger.  I'm not a fan of wearing the colors unless it's a complete flag, not that I find it disrespectful, just really redneck.  Too many of those designs are really busy, and won't be comfortable to wear with huge vinyl graphics on them (even the Arfcom BFL shirts need to be broken in with Scotchbrite to look okay).  If you can, work the shirt material into the design by using outlines only or something, IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I like the bolt face logo on the Wisconsin flag myself. Looks great!

I like where this is headed.

I think the badger looks ghey.

How about a silhouette of the state (no flag/colors) with the BFL over it and possibly an AR in there somewhere.

The badger and colors are a little "too busy"...not to mention the badger looks like an angry cat...

Link Posted: 5/21/2011 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#31]
I know the ones I made so far suck, but they're at least a jumping point. I agree with what's been said so far. When I have time tomorrow I'll do some tweaking.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#32]
I like Kramer's too. If we do choose one of the busier logos, I'd still take one of the simple ones.
(I'd also take one with an AK, but I don't know that i'll find much support there haha)
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 4:49:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Badger over state in BFL

I like this one, if your not in you doing understand the hidden meaning
Link Posted: 5/21/2011 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I like the BFL in front of the State.  I'd be happy with or without color.  

Link Posted: 5/22/2011 6:26:13 AM EDT
[#35]
A few more that I came up with. More simple than the other ones.

Don't forget, pretty soon site staff member Spawn will be showing up and taking over the art work. These are just ideas meant to stimulate discussion. We gotta come up with something better than the other states!

Link Posted: 5/22/2011 6:36:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
A few more that I came up with. More simple than the other ones.

Don't forget, pretty soon site staff member Spawn will be showing up and taking over the art work. These are just ideas meant to stimulate discussion. We gotta come up with something better than the other states!

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_WoLdyPb5JL0/TdkcFXjFR0I/AAAAAAAAC_U/gC6PjCWulBs/s512/ARF9.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_WoLdyPb5JL0/TdkcFSD3IOI/AAAAAAAAC_Y/CYFDozUTPFo/s512/ARF11.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_WoLdyPb5JL0/TdkcFaDo8tI/AAAAAAAAC_c/btN_0MGmK2U/s512/ARF10.jpg

I like the top one. Nice and simple. Something along those lines.

Link Posted: 5/22/2011 9:26:17 AM EDT
[#37]
The logo with the badger coming out of the BFL is good, but the proportions are a bit off.  If you look at the fire dept. logo, which the badger came from, the opening is much larger in proportion to the badgers head.  Maybe scaling the badger head back a bit might give a better overall effect.
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 7:57:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 8:57:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 9:06:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Here's some concepts to start out with. More to come soon.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=29177

I like all those with the state in red! Thanks Spawn. I look forward to some more options. They look great so far.
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Can we see a version with crossed AR's and the badger face?
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#42]
I like how the Indiana ones turned out.

How about an outline of Wisconsin inside the bolt face?  I would say use the State flag but it is too busy.
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

How about an outline of Wisconsin inside the bolt face?  I would say use the State flag but it is too busy.

How about one where the bolt face is the shape of Wisconsin?

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 5:42:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The Indiana design is pretty awesome. I gave it my quick and dirty try to copy it using our flag. I know Spawn can do a much better job.

Link Posted: 5/24/2011 6:54:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 7:19:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
3 more. 1 solid with rifles as requested, then 2 with just the border so the color of the shirt shows through.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=29190

can you make the badger head a little smaller and lower is down so we can see the crossing rifles better?
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
3 more. 1 solid with rifles as requested, then 2 with just the border so the color of the shirt shows through.

can you make the badger head a little smaller and lower is down so we can see the crossing rifles better?

A little smaller would not be bad, but I like the middle one!

ETA: I wish I had the skilz to make some of these up.
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Put the head over the rifles to make it look more like a skull and cross bones.
Link Posted: 5/24/2011 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Put the head over the rifles to make it look more like a skull and cross bones.

That... is an inspired idea.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top