User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2003 4:19:28 PM EDT
Opposite to what we were all thinking,

Trigger Finger
(Stenosing Tenosynovitis)
What is trigger finger?
What causes trigger finger?  

Trigger finger (medically termed stenosing tenosynovitis) is a "snapping" of any of the digits of the hand when opened or closed. Typically, trigger finger is noted when either the ring, middle, or index finger attempts to flex closed while gripping. Instead of a smooth, continual closure, the digit stutters, then snaps closed. The closure is frequently associated with pain at the base of the digit on the palm of the hand. Trigger finger can affect the thumb.

What causes trigger finger?

Trigger finger is caused by local swelling from inflammation or scarring around the tendons that normally pull the affected digit inward toward the palm (flexion).
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Trigger finger can affect the thumb.

That would be "remote control thumb" then.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#2]
It usually happens to young man, when they grip "their gun" to tight during rapid fire.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 4:45:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It usually happens to young man, when they grip "their gun" to tight during rapid fire.  

That happened to me once and then I went blind, but I'm much better now.............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top