Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2003 3:20:56 PM EDT
Just recently moved into Prince William Co from Alabama, and noticed there isn't a single newspaper that allows firearms in their classifieds (frickin' liberal East Coast grumble grumble grumble....)

So, can you guys help out a newbie to the area--is there something like the Thrifty Nickel, etc. that I can list a couple of guns in/look for good buys, or are the gun shops my only choice around here?  Thanks!

limaxray
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]
EE. Searchable by state.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Limaxray, just go to the 7-11(god knows there are enough in Manassas) and pick up the Valley Trader. It usually has about 1 or 2 pages of guns in it, from this area to the Shen Valley.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
god knows there are enough in Manassas

Ain't that the truth!  There's even two right next to eachother by the Chevy dealer on 234.

- Valley Trader works.

- Some ranges (NRA for one) have a bulletin board where you can post ads.

- The EE forums here work well.

- Gun shows allow personal sales.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#4]
believe it or not....when they 1st passed the "Shall Issue" CCW law here in VA.  The local weeklys (the FFX Connection, etc) actually published the names and addresses of those given permits the proceeding week!
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I live over near Woodbridge, and have hit both 7-11s on Minnieville Rd--didn't see anything like a Thrifty Nickel/Valley Trader, etc; guess I'll have to revisit them and check closer.

The search continues....

Thanks for your help, folks!  While we're on the subject, any good ranges near here?  I just went to Shooter's Paradise this afternoon.  Not bad, they seem really friendly, my only complaints are I hate shooting indoors because of the noise, and I think they were running the heater--it was about 95 degrees in the range.  The guy in the lane next to me was shooting an AR15 pistol.  That hurt!

[edited for spelling]
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#6]
NRA Range is the best (but indoors) or try to join the Quantico Range if you're Mil/ExMil or LEO...or you get waitlisted.

IWL may work for you too.

The regulars go Wed eves to the NRA-Stop bye
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 1:45:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Where's the NRA range?

I've been looking into Quantico (I'm USAF) but just haven't gotten down there yet.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:27:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Where's the NRA range?

I've been looking into Quantico (I'm USAF) but just haven't gotten down there yet.

NRA is located off Rt66 and Waples Mill rd.  You take a small quiz and you're good to go...As expected it is nice and you can shoot almost anything.

Quantico Gun Club has a website too.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:04:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Where's the NRA range?

In Fairfax, near the I66/Rte 50 interchange.  

If you don't mind the mixing bowl in Springfield, take 95 to 495 to 66.  Rte 50 is the 3 interchange after you get on 66 and you'll see the NRA building on the left just before the interchange.  Take Rte 50 East and take a left at the first light which is Waples Mill.

If you'd rather skip Springfield, take 123 north into Fairfax, then turn left on 236 West when just past the courthouse.  After a few miles you'll come to a big intersection with Rte 50 and 29.  Go straight at that intersection and turn right at the second light which is Waples Mill.

The range is around back on the lower lever of the parking garage.

50 yards indoor and your AR is more than welcome.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:38:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Quantico Gun Club has a website too.

www.quanticoshootingclub.com
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 9:18:55 AM EDT
[#11]
gilberts small arms range is off of backlick road in the springfield area 8194-M Terminal Road 703 550-8005.  They're indoor 25 yds as well.  I used to shoot at shooter's paridise several years ago but switched to gilberts cause they were a bit more friendly.  Shooters changed owners a few  months ago and the atmosphere seems to have improved.

Quantico is great and if your active duty or retired something like $30 gets you membership for a year.  300 yrd rifle and once in a blue moon 1000yd rifle, outdoor pisol (and maybe some indoor) and clays every weekend.  check out the link motopix gave you.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Check out the Richmond Times Dispatch.  Not exactly Pr. Wm. County, but not too far.  It's online, as is their classifieds, which do list firearms under sporting goods.

Nstg8r.

Live it like it could be your last!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top