Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/17/2004 10:26:56 PM EDT
I've heard that streetsweepers for my 12 gauge are legal and not considered DD (Destructive Devices) and I have also been told that they are DD and are a pain in the ass to obtain. What the truth? Can I get one? If so how hard is it to obtain such an item? thanks

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:34:13 PM EDT
NFA destructive device items, pay the tax and you shall recieve
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:43:17 PM EDT
I don't understand your original post.

Are you saying you have a "street sweeper" already? If so, then you must register it or else feel the wrath of the BATFE.

All Other Weapons (AOW) are not impossible to obtain. $200, a talk with your city/county LEO, and some paperwork. And figure on waiting 30-60 days. Done!!!

I picked up a STEN parts kit a while back for $20. I am still going through the motions of getting it converted over to SAS. Now that the ban is lifte, I can go with whatever stock I want. But, in either case, I will need to apply for an SBR permit/lic.

Or, it might just end up on Gunbroker.com... :(

Too many toys, not enough time.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:30:26 PM EDT
I do not have one, but I want to get one
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:51:40 AM EDT
AOW's are $200 to make, but only $5 to transfer.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:47:32 PM EDT
Most of the orginal Cobray street sweepers were already registered...so most likely, the $200 tax has already been paid.

You would only need the ($25) FFL and ($5) AOW transfer fee.

Most of the ones I have seen for sale on GunsAmerica are $1000+

So, have fun!!!
Top Top