Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 10:26:56 PM EDT
I've heard that streetsweepers for my 12 gauge are legal and not considered DD (Destructive Devices) and I have also been told that they are DD and are a pain in the ass to obtain.  What the truth?  Can I get one?  If so how hard is it to obtain such an item?  thanks

CINcerly,
           Nick
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#1]
NFA  destructive device items,   pay the tax and you shall recieve
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:43:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't understand your original post.

Are you saying you have a "street sweeper" already? If so, then you must register it or else feel the wrath of the BATFE.

All Other Weapons (AOW) are not impossible to obtain. $200, a talk with your city/county LEO, and some paperwork. And figure on waiting 30-60 days. Done!!!

I picked up a STEN parts kit a while back for $20. I am still going through the motions of getting it converted over to SAS. Now that the ban is lifte, I can go with whatever stock I want. But, in either case, I will need to apply for an SBR permit/lic.

Or, it might just end up on Gunbroker.com... :(

Too many toys, not enough time.

-Warlock
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I do not have one, but I want to get one
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#4]
AOW's are $200 to make, but only $5 to transfer.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Most of the orginal Cobray street sweepers were already registered...so most likely, the $200 tax has already been paid.

You would only need the ($25) FFL and  ($5) AOW transfer fee.

Most of the ones I have seen for sale on GunsAmerica are $1000+

So, have fun!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top