Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2009 3:25:27 PM EDT
Anyone know of a good desert shooting sight near LA/OC/IE areas?  I've heard that there are a few places in the middle of nowhere that it is legal to fire off a few rounds.
Link Posted: 8/23/2009 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2009 7:01:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Contact the BLM and purchase maps of the areas you are interested in. I asked if they could mark areas around barstow where it is legal to shoot rifles and pistols since some areas are shotgun only. They did mark them which was helpful.
Link Posted: 8/24/2009 8:40:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, thanks guys!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Depends how far Inland you go, I shoot up at the Palm Springs Gun Club(PSGC), there is also a semi - decent rifle range up in Morongo (HWY 62) I think. It is open on the weekends. The PSGC is members only...but if you know a member it has pistol bays, and a 200 yard rifle bay.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top