Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 1:36:15 PM EDT
Deputy Hall shot in Stokes County this afternoon. Perp (Jerry Wilson) still on the loose somewhere on Sauratown Mountain. Said they called the guy Rambo. Think he's held up in a cave in the hills.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me be the first to wish the bad guy a swift demise.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I second that. And while he's waiting, I hope he's sweating.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:51:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I second that. And while he's waiting, I hope he's sweating.

Fire mission?

This sucks, what was the cause for the shots fired, any news?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#5]
They caught the guy, the deputy is improving and may be released tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:34:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Good to hear on both accounts. Im in Stokes county.  WarDawg
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#7]
This is only slightly off topic, but has anyone heard how that state trooper who was shot in Fayetteville a few weeks ago is doing?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:21:43 AM EDT
[#8]
the trooper is still recovering from 3 gunshots to the chest area and one to the leg.  he was realeased from the hospital and is expected to fully recover and be back on the job.

its an interesting story - he made the stop for a missing license plate bolt - the license must have been about to fall off.   the driver said his license was in the trunk and the trooper, Horniak is his name, told him to get out and retrieve his license.  the perpetrator got out and dumped 4 rounds into Horniak.  the trooper made the distress call and called his own ambulance.  the criminals fled.

he had presence of mind enough to make the calls and survive.  cool.  glad he will be alright.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top