Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2006 6:56:02 PM EDT
Matt pulled the camera down tonight on one of the corn feeders. He saw 15 or so deer - only one spike and he didn't take a doe! We've got too many of them. His big buck hunting only is pissing me off. This is way too many does in a feeder at one time!
I'm going to take another doe thsi weekend just to thin them out some!

He also found this pic on the camera. I'm going pay the SOB a visit tomorrow. He's one of those Logan County turds that will raise hell if someone comes near his property but doesn't mind taking a gate off and trespassing to hunt on someone else's land.

And on top of that, Matt didn't put any more corn in the feeder! It's empty!
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#1]
stick it to 'em.
Link Posted: 12/28/2006 9:09:05 PM EDT
[#2]
man i know the guy who drives that truck....... he said fuck that gripey old gimp

Link Posted: 12/28/2006 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#3]
huh.........figured you could see me through the tinted window with my thumbs in my ears and fingers wigling.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 3:36:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Pulling a truck down there really ticks me off. He had to take the gate off the hinges to drive down in there because the gate was locked. Walking in is bad enough, especially after he told me he would file trespass charges if he caught anyone from my place crossing the road over onto to his lease. He told me that out of the cold blue when he stopped me on the road one day.

Yeah, he probably did say fuck that gripey old gimp. If he didn't, he sure was thinking it.
ACman, you're right about that. That type of two faced arrogance pisses me off no end.
A crazy bitch next door and now a  turd head across the road is almost too much.

And my neighbor to the north of me and his son have yet to kill a deer!

The deer came into the corn so heavy because of the snow. Matt saw a bunch last night coming into check the feeder even though is it empty. He told me they would take at least a couple of does this weekend.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 4:25:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought I had some horrible neighbors in my time, but you've got me beat.  I'm a very private person, minding my own business and expect the same from neighbors, etc.  Like I said, I've got some horror stories, but nothing like you seem to be going through.  I do feel your pain!

I once had a gate that I kept locked, not only on the latch side, but also on the hinge side.  I took a log chain and wrapped it around the fence post and thru the gate on the hinge side and padlocked it.  For someone to take it off the hinges they would of had to cut the lock, chain, or the post.  Never did have a problem.  I wrapped the chain about half way up from the bottom of the gate so they couldn't just cut the fence wire pull the chain over the top of the post and lift the gate off its hinges.  Maybe you could do something similar.

BTW, weren't you the one that recently bought a truck, and posted your buying tactics with the dealers?  That brought back a lot of memories for me too, as I use the same MO.  I only got shafted one time on a new vehicle, and that was over 30 years ago.  I learned real quick after that one.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 5:12:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Okay Dan, I'm gonna go back to the old standby of SSS....

Gonna be a war in Logan county.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#7]
You're having a heck of a week!

I would definitly check into filing trespass charges after he told you he'd do the same!
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#8]
This is why I hunt with ARs and FALs.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I didn't catch him today, but I did talk to his son. Around 30 yo or so. I simply told him if I caught them on my property or had one more picture of them trespassing, that they wouldn't like the circumstances or aftermath. And if he didn't like it, we could step outside and discuss it. He declined my offer.
I'm going to have to weld the hinges to the gate. The asswipes loosened the hinge and slid it down to lift the gate up. What the fuck they were doing down in the bottom and in that clearing really ticks me off. If any of my feeders or stands come up missing, I'll have a strong suspicion as to who got them.
There is no tag number or any individual visible in the picture. So I can't file trespassing charges.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe he was hungry and needed a little corn........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top