Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 9:39:01 AM EDT
Hey all!  Just want to share.  The wife over the past few months has been keeping me stocked up with new firearms!

Received the P99 for a late B-day present last year, and just picked up both the Nova and P22 last Friday.  Actually she's wanted the carbon fiber P22 for about a year, but just this past week, turned to me and said "she" wanted both the P22 and the Nova, so lets go see Brian at B&Js.  Filled out her first 4473 form

Have the 2 shot mag extension for the Nova enroute (gasp - $95!) and put on the sidesaddle just yesterday.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice! (the guns AND the wife!)
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Wish my wife was like that!  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#3]
You got a good one. Hang on to her!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Yea I know I love this gun. I also got the Nova doew yours have the recoil reduction option?

The only thing I find with the P99 is the finish. I wish it was more like the Glock. I am getting scratches on the slide.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice 99 edp, yes they extremely comfortable and solid - right now the P99 is my carry piece, in a CompTac IWB holster.  I'm awaiting a IWB from Brommeland Gunleather for the Kimber II, which I'll use primarily in the winter months.  

The Nova was kind of an impulse buy - wife said its been so long since "we" had a shotgun, and after holding the stock Moss 500, Rem870 models, she liked the fit and feel of the Nova best.  The only thing left I think is that i'm considering the 14" LOP Comfortec (sp?) buttpad.  It'll make it about a half inch shorter for her and fine for me either way.  As for the recoil reducer, not yet,  from what I understand the most noticeable difference was when firing 3-3 1/2" mags.  Seeing that she'll be fed a constant diet of  2 3/4's for now, I may decide to eventually pick one up to better handle the heavier loads.

Received the Nova 2 shot extension today, real nice - but the only one I could find under $100 was the RealTree finish.  I'm going to Duracoat it in matte black, and have the finished product to show probably in a week or so.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Is that really carbon fiber, or "carbon fiber look"?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:28:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey sneak, it appears to be a carbon fiber skin/finish - as within the magwell or on the dustcover area, it looks like the same material on my P99.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#8]
The only problem with the P99 is the finish. You can't beat a Glock tennifer finish. I am thinking of having it done. The LOP on my Nova is a little to long for me also. Might check into the butt-pad. Wish I could find a extension for the Nova and for my M4 shotgun also.

Only problem I might be going to jail if I put it on. What I can't understand how the extension is legal in the 3 gun IPSIC and IDAP shooting. I have seen almost everyone with them and those speed loaders.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#9]
What's up HKgnnr, very nice weapons, the wifey has great taste.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top