Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2003 5:34:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#1]
You can't advertise a handgun, but if a couple of guys want to announce their sodom...er... solemn intentions to be together forever, they will even run a picture with the annoucement.

BTW, why do so many homely lesbians wear their hair like Billy Ray Cyrus?  They'll publish those announcements, too.

The DMN is awful.  The Fort Worth (Red) Star newspaper is to the left of the old Pravda.  Most newspaper hacks are too f***ing ignorant to hold a real job.  As for the tv types, all you need are big tits and a nice face if you are a woman and a good make-up man and a blowdrier if you are some dude.

Link Posted: 8/5/2003 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Listening to the Mike Gallager show today and the discussion was about the DMN  NOT allowing the classified ads for handgun sales to be listed. Guess Ill not buy another DMN paper ever again

Curious, how do they know if it is a handgun?

Really doesn't matter, few handguns are sold through the papers anymore anyway, but I do resent their politically correct action.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 8:50:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey, I resemble that remark...well partly. There's a decent amount of firearm savvy people in the local D/FW television scene....
Don't be too quick to judge all of us by same standard.

Tvone
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 10:11:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I think this is the policy of Belo Broadcasting. They own channel 8 and DMN in Dallas. They also own the Houston paper and are doing the same thing there and in the rest of their newspaper groups as far as I know. Dumb, you bet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top