Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2010 6:11:53 AM EDT
I have decided that hard chrome is to much to spend on a rock island 1911 so i decided to go with duracoat . I have two shops in mind custom digital designs and gazaway machine anybody had experience with them ?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 11:50:40 AM EDT
[#1]
No experience with either but please post pixs once you have it completed.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#2]
i seen custom digitals work at the last eastman show for one single color it is 125.00 with a lifetime warranty against, chipping flaking peeling ect...
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#3]
not going to do three colors but this is the 1911 that has brought me to get mine donehttp://www.customdigitaldesignsonline.com/content/photo-gallery.html?func=detail&id=416
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, so no shit. I will start this that I HATE when an OP gives two options and then only gets responses for a third party.

BUT

Matt Lilley used to work for Andy. We send him almost all of our coating and he parks my SLAPs.

His website is http://www.spartan-armory.com/Gallery.html

Best of luck though.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Park over dura.  Sorry, just like it better.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:09:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Duracoat is so easy just do it yourself, I did these 3 about a month ago and have done a few in the past.

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:15:25 PM EDT
[#7]
custom did my Sig P6 frame in cera-hyde grey or whatever....freaking awesome job....good price, good turn-around.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:46:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm backin' ikickhippies and throwing a vote out for Matte Lilley of Spartan Armory.  He's my go-to guy for custom finishes.  He primarily uses KG Gun Kote and moly resin coatings, both of which are much more durable than Duracoat.  Phenomenal work, quick turn around, and reasonable prices.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:14:43 AM EDT
[#9]
dura and gun kote look like the same product what makes gunkote better than duracoat ... what is moly resin never heard of it ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top