Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2011 9:34:26 AM EDT
Anyone here taken it? I've booked for the end of this month. Most people (even experienced stalkers) I've spoken to seem to think they learned a bit and I'm looking forward to it (though turning up for the assessment with my BAR might raise a few eyebrows I guess .. at least 6" groups from a bipod @100 shouldn't be too much trouble).
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone here taken it? I've booked for the end of this month. Most people (even experienced stalkers) I've spoken to seem to think they learned a bit and I'm looking forward to it (though turning up for the assessment with my BAR might raise a few eyebrows I guess .. at least 6" groups from a bipod @100 shouldn't be too much trouble).

Not done it but I've got the course book and I'm working through it. Once I've done that I'm going to book the tests. Books pretty thorough and covers a whole loads of stuff including food handling etc!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Done 1,2,and accredited witness (3). It is worth it for both experienced and novices alike. Your BAR should be ok cause .22 centrefire is ok for muntjac and CWD south of the border and roe north of border.

In any case good luck
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Go on.. you know it makes sense!
Seriously, it's a very good course that packs a shed load of info into a few days and is guaranteed to tweak the knicker elastic of any FEO
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Go on.. you know it makes sense!

Seriously, it's a very good course that packs a shed load of info into a few days and is guaranteed to tweak the knicker elastic of any FEO

That was an image I could have done without ....
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:10:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I did my DSC1 a while back, I took my Tubb along - the shooting stage was a foregone conclusion ;)

And just to prove that the Tubb is a deer gun, I did shoot a muntjac with it (just before I sold the rifle)

Most of the deer I shoot end up with the game dealer, so DSC1 is needed for signing off the carcases as fit for human consumption.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:11:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I did DSC 1 some years ago. It's worth doing, you will learn a lot. It also helps with stalking leases and FAC renewal/variation.

Be aware that not all shooting is from the bipod at 100yards, you will advance and fire from a variety of distances and positions, all of which count towards a pass/fail score. It's worth practicing with sticks beforehand, and make sure you take verifiably "deer legal" ammo with you on the range days or they won't let you play.
Top Top