Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2003 10:01:59 AM EDT
I was reading a post wher some of these boys don't have to..

www.ar15.com/FORUMS/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=188747&page=1

I was unaware of this...
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Im almost positive you do.  Its relatively easy for us to get CCW here.  the guys that dont have to do nics go through a lot more to get theirs...

btw are you coming to the shoot on the 7th?
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes you do. I am an 02/07 FFL holder here in Bama and must do the NICS on all sales I make.

Tony G
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Kewl, I was pretty sure you did have to do the check, just curious.

As for the 7th...

I am still thinking about it!

Guess I gotta decide soon if I want to get some rounds before hand.

Or take it easy on the rounds I have for this weekend...
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#4]
bign

didn't i meet you at one of the bham shows awhile back?

Trust me you NEED to make this shoot!

mike
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:07:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Didn't I read that you were a bigger guy somewhere beerslayer???

The only guy I met was a taller skinnier guy...

I did see the table, but he was manning it alone.

I asked the guy I talked to if any of you boys had an M1 for sale.   Which is a non issue at this point cuz I went ahead and bought 2 from the CMP.  Got one alreay, and the other one is gonna be shipped hopefully sometime Thursday so it will come Friday... last week they said my order was being processed this week.

Anyway, I had my wife and kid (1.5 year old) with me at the time also.  

We were wanting to go out to the dinner at the fish place after the show, but we weren't sure it was still going to happen as we couldn't find but one of ya'll... and my wife don't like fish an was kinda affraid they wouln't have anything else.

We did meet a 1911 guy, can't remember his name, but he was a major 1911 fan, and had an arfcom handle that had to do with 1911s.  That guy was pretty cool.  We spoke for every bit of a half an hour.  

As for the 7th shoot...

Answer me this, any of you boys have an AR setup for a woman?  I'd like to convince my wife that we need and AR.  We don't have one yet, and I want to convince her that she would love one.  As of right now, she only shoots 22s and the M1 carbine.  She really likes the carbine.  She seems to like to sholder the shorter ARs (read 16") in the fun shop, but I was hoping that she could find a 20" that wasn't a heavy barrel that she likes to shoot.  I was thinking that she would have ot have a shorter stock, but she said the shorter M$ clone felt good for her to shoulder, but the stocks were all the same length.  All the ARs in the 2 shops around here are the really heavy colts....  

Does anyone have one that the would let my ole lady shoot, and what brand/type of ammmo would ya'll preffer me to bring if anyone is kind enough to offer to let her fire theirs?

finding someone to watch my boy will also be a factor wether or not we can make it to the 7th shoot.

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 2:11:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Didn't I read that you were a bigger guy somewhere beerslayer???

The only guy I met was a taller skinnier guy...

I did see the table, but he was manning it alone.

I asked the guy I talked to if any of you boys had an M1 for sale.   Which is a non issue at this point cuz I went ahead and bought 2 from the CMP.  Got one alreay, and the other one is gonna be shipped hopefully sometime Thursday so it will come Friday... last week they said my order was being processed this week.

Anyway, I had my wife and kid (1.5 year old) with me at the time also.  

We were wanting to go out to the dinner at the fish place after the show, but we weren't sure it was still going to happen as we couldn't find but one of ya'll... and my wife don't like fish an was kinda affraid they wouln't have anything else.

We did meet a 1911 guy, can't remember his name, but he was a major 1911 fan, and had an arfcom handle that had to do with 1911s.  That guy was pretty cool.  We spoke for every bit of a half an hour.  

As for the 7th shoot...

Answer me this, any of you boys have an AR setup for a woman?  I'd like to convince my wife that we need and AR.  We don't have one yet, and I want to convince her that she would love one.  As of right now, she only shoots 22s and the M1 carbine.  She really likes the carbine.  She seems to like to sholder the shorter ARs (read 16") in the fun shop, but I was hoping that she could find a 20" that wasn't a heavy barrel that she likes to shoot.  I was thinking that she would have ot have a shorter stock, but she said the shorter M$ clone felt good for her to shoulder, but the stocks were all the same length.  All the ARs in the 2 shops around here are the really heavy colts....  

Does anyone have one that the would let my ole lady shoot, and what brand/type of ammmo would ya'll preffer me to bring if anyone is kind enough to offer to let her fire theirs?

finding someone to watch my boy will also be a factor wether or not we can make it to the 7th shoot.

Thanks guys!

Bign,

I have a 16" M4gery with a pinned collapsible stock that is shorter than the standard stock, but longer than the "stubby" stocks. My wife likes it, I think yours would too.  You are welcome to shoot it all you want.  I am going to try some wolf ammo this time, it was cheap, so what the hell...

you can HAVE a couple of mags of my ammo, if you want more, just buy what ever is on sale.

LWC
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guy, i appreciate it.

hopefully she will NEED one after shooting it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top