Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2003 7:18:49 AM EDT
I need a lower receiver today as well as a lower parts kit, or just a complete lower minus the stock.

Anybody know where I can get what I need right now?

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 7:58:13 AM EDT
[#1]
try calling K2.

they are in the industry section here
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
try calling K2.

they are in the industry section here

I agree.  Give K2 a call.  John is a great guy to deal with.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 11:46:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
<<Libelous quote removed.  --thebeekeeper1>>

They are great for public, they go out of their way  to help. I was coming home from airport other day, called to get something, and they stayed open late for me to get there. John has also special ordered stuff for me from Surefire, when others wouldn't.

They also supported GS2003, and had great prices on stuff.

Link Posted: 11/11/2003 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You don't know what the fuck your talking about.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 12:27:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Dream on,  I was there a week ago..  I probably asked 500 questions and they answered every question I had...  They are super helpfull & have lowers ready to go as well as the parts to build...  Check out their handguards they are buiding right now..   really nice....

Prosise
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Complete DPMS lowers w/ A2 buttstock for 199.  That was a smoking deal.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#7]
hmmm....
I wanted an AR, DPMS or Bushmaster, I called K2 SEVERAL times and they never returned my calls or my emails.  ILL knows this since I told him about this at Ho Ho China one day over lunch.  Energizer has had the same problems.
And the fact that you usually have to make an appointment just to go there!!!  WTF?

<<Incorrect and libelous content removed.  --thebeekeeper1>>
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 3:36:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When when when???? Did I miss this!!!??? I think they are normally $299!!!! Damn!!!!
(PS: Maybe I am thinking the $299 price was for a complete Bushmaster.)

They have lots of AR parts on hand. Don't bother IMing or emailing them-- just call them. But Call ahead first-- they are sometimes out of town or busy building stuff in the back.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When when when???? Did I miss this!!!??? I think they are normally $299!!!! Damn!!!!
(PS: Maybe I am thinking the $299 price was for a complete Bushmaster.)

John was running these for 229 I think last time at MH...He sold them for 199 at Gunstock.

You are thinking Bushy for that price.

Link Posted: 11/12/2003 12:54:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
We have done alot for the AR15 DFW crew, we set up a dinner last year and payed for all the appetizers, and donated a bunch of ar15 parts.

Yes he has done a lot for the DFW Crew,
and Gunstock and ar15.com.
Look at this deal I just picked up on my way home today.

DPMS .22 dedicated M4 complete upper for $350.
And these 10 round mags for $15 each.

Thats a hell of a deal.

Link Posted: 11/12/2003 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Thought Id quite lurking for a sec to show my support for K2. I have met John twice. The first time he handled a transfer for me. It went very smoothly and considering the small amount of money he stood to make I was shocked that he stayed open late so that I could get my 45 the day it came in. Then instead of calling it a day and sending me home he took the time to show me around and let me screw around with some of his optics for a while. In short he was proffesional,patient, and very informative.
The second time was at the last Big Town gun show. Ive been thinking about selling my Ak underfolder to finance a Varmit or Match grade AR. Given how busy he was with the show he still took the time to tell my about his DPMS rifles which I was impressed with and actually gave me a full line brochure so that I could do honest comparisons. Once again, very proffesional,patient and informative.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

DPMS .22 dedicated M4 complete upper for $350.
And these 10 round mags for $15 each.

Thats a hell of a deal.

xzodus.com/guns/22_upper.jpg

Nice one Legs!  Better bring that out the next time we're all playing.  I'd like to check it out.

I'll also say kudos to John.  I've dealt with him 3-4 times from simply asking questions at one of the shows to buying some stuff at Gunstock.  The way I have been treated has only made me want to deal with K2 more.

Robbo
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 7:17:21 PM EDT
[#16]
My son and I met JohnK at the Big Town show on Sunday.  We bought an Eagle Arms M15A4 last evening from John.  Great Price, and he was very patient with my questions.  We also met John's gunsmith (sorry, forgot his name) and ilikelegs.  We enjoyed the experience and look forward to shooting with ya'll!.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Came in too late to catch the controversy I guess; but I'll throw in my two cents in support of K2 Sports also.

I've dealt with them on five or six occasions now over about a year or so and have never had any cause to be unhappy. John has always been friendly and helpful and dealt squarely with me. I've recommended them in the past and would have no problem doing it again.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#19]
If anything, I think that SA's comments seemed to help K2 since there were so many positive responses in support of K2!

Hey johnk-- I sent ya an IM re: something else... Also, in the future, I still plan on using K2 for some of my AR needs (after I find employment).
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#20]
JohnK gets my vote also.
I am about to give him my 20" H/BAR to turn down to a A2 profile.

John is way kewl in my book
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#21]
John and Lori provide A+ customer service - at least they always have for me.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:15:45 PM EDT
[#22]
I have to give my vote to K2 and John.   They have very nice customer service and have supported ar15 crew here in texas.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I spoke with John over the phone for about 10 minutes one day.  I found him to be very helpful and polite, and although he could not provide the item I was looking for, I would not hesitate to do business with K2.  In fact, they would be one of the first places I would approach.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#24]
All I can say is that I got a muzzle brake threaded/welded on by K2, and it looks better than a factory job.

Ed
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I had to get a barrel replaced yesterday. (Tuesday)  I called him and took it in.  He told me it would take a week because he is so busy.

I dropped it off, and asked for a rush.

He called me on the way home to tell me it was done.

He's the ONLY AR-15 guy in Dallas I would let work on my guns. Period!

Not just for THE BEST customer service, but great work too.

And Thanks John for the super quick service.

TXLEWIS

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#26]
My experience with K2 has been educational. I bought my first AR over the EE, found K2 here. Called first to see if I could stop by, and talk about a trigger job. I know nothing about AR's, but he took the time to show me my rifle, answer my questions, and let me handle some of his rifles, parts, and accessories. All for a rifle I didn't even buy from him.  Since then, I bought a used Aimpoint, mount, riser, and had James do a complete trigger job on my rifle. Even when I induced FTE problems, they took the time to look at my rifle, let me know what I could be doing wrong, and offered to take a look at it again if I still had a problem with the rifle.  No attitude for being a newbie was ever hinted. It's a small shop that does great work. Turn-around time of a week or less on most work. I've dealt with many 1911 gunsmiths over the years, and if I could have the service of K2 with my .45 pistols, I'd still have them.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't think you will find nicer people to deal with than John or James or Johns wife, Lorie(sp).
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 10:54:04 PM EDT
[#30]
John and the K2 bunch were more than accomadating at Gunstock.  They were friendly, helpful, and patient with my questions.  I also got some great prices on several items including a "killer" price on a built-up Surefire combat light with an A.R.M.S. quick detach mount.  K2 is run the way I would run a business.  They treat their customers with respect and courtesy.  Those qualities are many times sadly missing from businesses that are only interested in your money and nothing else.  Thank you John and K2!!! I appreciate all you do for our sport.
            Peace,
              Dragonfire52P.S.-Guys............do we really have to be dropping the "F" bomb?  One of the things I love about this site(and you guys in general) is the lack of a "need" to use profanity.  I'm not a prude, but I've moved on from younger days of explitive filled communication.  Think about it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:36:04 AM EDT
[#32]
I'll chime in as well.  Just picked up my shortened DPMS upper from them yesterday.  I had it shortened to 18 inches and milled THIN under the handguards.  All the advantages of a 20 inch and 16 inch combined!  Best of all, it was a barrel swap deal with another buddie's gun and they were ready BEFORE promised.  

I like to build out the lowers myself, but K2 is THE place to get your ARs done.  They also are selling DPMS lowers for something like $105!!!  You ain't gonna beat that.

There gunsmith James does EXCELLENT work on ALL guns.  Their Teflon is better than factory!

My ONLY complaint about K2 is they stopped handling 1911s too!  Oh well.

Thanks John, James, Lori...see you guys this weekend at Market Hall!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top