Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2003 4:09:32 PM EDT
Looks like the guys in DFW and the Houston area got a good thing going as we all do here aon AR15.com,camaraderie. I hope the spelling is ok.

What about the Austn crew? is there one? I don't see much in the means of any get togethers.

If not, let's do it. Suggestions welcome.

Some ideas:
* The next Saxet Gun Show at the Crockett Ctr.
* We can meet at one of the local ranges.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 5:11:16 PM EDT
[#1]
We had ONE successfull get together.  MatthewQ set up a gathering at Tony's range awhile back and we had about 75 - 100 folks show up.

We are the Central Texas Crew, and you should send your contact info to bung and he will post it on the Texas roster.

I have tried to get a few folks together for a shoot on at least 6 differnt occasions, but that was like herding cats.  I think a bunch of us in Austin are in the IT industry, and work some pretty irregular schedules which makes things a little tough to accomodate.

Maddog50 made it to one.  And I shot alone for the other 5.

Doublefeed and I have gone shooting a few times but he works evenings and weekends so I have to wait until I pull the night and weekend rotation before that works out.

One of the issues of saying meet at the gunshow is that everyone shows up at a different time, the Crockett Ctr is large enough and crowded enough that it is next to impossible to find another ARF member without asking everyone you see, "Are you on the board?"

I'm all for a get together/lunch/dinner, and if there is any way I can attend I will do it.

If you wanna go shoot, pick a date, time, and location.  I prefer Hill Country Rifle Range, but as long as I can shoot FMJ I will travel to another range.

Hope to see you soon!
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#2]
If your thinking of making a Austin group, count me in.  I am an Honorary member of D/FW and a full time member of the HOUSTON group.  anyway like i said count me in and if i find sometime to come up on one of ya'lls schedueled events, i'll come on up.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:42:00 AM EDT
[#3]
DPeacher,

I know what you mean and how difficult getting together can be, I'm also in this crazy IT industry.

I usually go the one of the public ranges, mostly the one off 290E in Manor. I'm joining the Austn Rifle Club but need to attend the next meeting on June 12th. I haven't been the the HCRR but wouldn't be a bad idea.

Let me know what works for you.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:26:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I am in Austin and usually shoot at Tonys up 183 as it is one of the two ranges left that allows machineguns (and HCRR, but Richard is alittle weird for my taste).

I would be up for putting together another Austin shoot at Tonys as I really enjoyed the last one, since we were able to bring out reactive targets (toaster/monitors/washing-machines/etc.) to blast apart.

There is also the Tactical Carbine shoot put on by Texas Tactical every month is Johnson City about an hour from Austin.  I was going in the Winter months when the event started at 12:30 but now that the starting time is at 9:30 AM it is alittle early for me.

James
Austin, Texas
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:49:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep...  Getting the Austin guys together was like herding cats!  

It was great fun, tho.  I think we actually had near 50-60 people show.  Probably at least a dozen brought FA weapons.  Cooked out, shot up a few appliances, and had fun.  

I wish we had a good, tight group like the DFW guys.  I think they just have more people, so the diversity in schedules isn't as big an issue.  Houston isn't too far to go for some comraderie, but I haven't been there in more than a decade.   My budget also leaves me lacking in the ammo department!  (ain't much fun to drive real far and shoot only 100 rounds or so... unless it's one of the Carbine or IDPA matches)

Another good shoot would be great, but I think the BIGGUN for this area will be GUNSTOCK.  We need to get an Austin Crew together for that one.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top