Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2003 7:37:40 AM EDT
Is there any word on ammo yet???   I am only buying .223 ammo since i still have plenty of 9mm, and 7.62.  I know the next weekend, there is a crap show, i mean gunshow.  I am planning on going to it to see if i can find some parts for an AR, plus mags.  

So rick, if you have heard anything, can you please post it.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 7:03:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Jon (ammo guy) is planning on being there.  I am trying to get him and his inventory nailed down asap.  I will keep everyone informed.

Link Posted: 10/11/2003 7:38:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you very much for the yeoman work, rickinvegas.  

BTW, my Form 1 arrived in the mail yesterday.  I'm going to pick up the end cap from the FFL on Monday or Tuesday.  So, I'll have a live NFA registered 60 mm mortar for show and tell on the 18th.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 9:01:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So, I'll have a live NFA registered 60 mm mortar for show and tell on the 18th.

Link Posted: 10/12/2003 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks Rick.  I only ask because i want to get a 1000 rounds of .223.  if the shoot was 2 weeks later, i would have plenty since im gonna get some at teh gun show on the 25th. Also gonna buya few ar15 parts so that i can get mine built and running in november.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey different,  Way to go!!

Now if I could only find reloads for that pop gun.  Where to get ammo!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Somebody out there has to know how to load 60mm!

Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:55:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for keeping us informed and congrats! Thought I'd let you know that next month's match will be a 2 gun match. Yep, sub guns and/or big guns. Shoot one or both events. I hope you can make it out, Sunday November 9th, 9.00AM. Hope to see all you guys Saturday!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:28:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Somebody out there has to know how to load 60mm!

Nothing in any of my reloading manuals ... crap!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, VegasSMG for the heads up on the Full Auto match.  I first need to get my M14E2 stock back from the wood stock master.  It is so much better than the standard stock for automatic fire.

Bad news on the mortar, Ordnance fans.  I picked up the mortar end cap today from my FFL.  All i's have been dotted and all t's crossed so I'm all legal for assembling this Destructive Device.  However, I put everything together and the firing pin lacks protrusion.  IOW, it's a minimum of 1/16" too short.  To double check it, I put the mortar kit together and tried to launch a practice round in the desert but it sat in the tube fat, dumb and happy.  

I have an urgent e-mail request in to the manufactuer to supply me with a firing pin that is of the proper dimensions.  It looks like a no go for this month.  It's only been 124 days, what's a few more.  Remember, in the Title 2 / Class 3 community, "Patience is a virtue."  
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 10:37:26 PM EDT
[#10]

A whole 1/16" ?!!?!

And you EXPECTED it to work???

Well, I AM disappointed, but will be patient....
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Too bad Different......I was looking forward to seeing it on Saturday.  I am already looking forward to the November 15th DBS now.

It sounds like people are planning on setting up at Noon.  See everyone there!!!

Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#12]
well i guessing ammo is a no go this time around, since its already tuesday night.  Oh well.  Just more money to buy ammo next week at teh gun show.  EWWW  

heck, maybe ill get lucky and find some ar parts cheap.  Not like i will hold my breath.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#13]
60 mm mortar update - The manufacturer e-mailed me back.  He's going to make it right at no charge.  It'll take about a week to ten days so we'll just have to be a little more patient.  

citizen2, as soon as I installed the firing pin I knew it would not work.  It was still a lot of fun though setting it up for the first time.  The base plate, bipod, end cap, firing pin, barrel and mortar sight were all together looking good.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
well i guessing ammo is a no go this time around

I am still assuming the ammo guy will be there........I have not heard otherwise.

Bigedmond, what are you planning to build?  I have a few extra parts you might be able to use.  I know Larry has a bunch.......let us know what you need.  Also, Jon the ammo guy has a TON of AR parts including a great selection of complete Uppers.  I bought one from him earlier this year at a good price.  Let me know and I will put you in touch with him.

Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:36:14 PM EDT
[#15]

In case you didn't know it, Different; you are
WAY past bein' "different"!!

I dub thee, "Mortar Man"!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 10:59:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry to beat a dead horse, is there an ammo buy this month?  I'm out of ammo after shooting pumpkins today (see pics below)

Just thought I'd share.  For DBS, you can probably find some varmints running around on those rotting pumpkins and other such decaying food.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#17]
I think I am going to be able to make it this saturday. I was talking to the range master at American Shooter's supply and he is master at IPSC? shooting. They are having a steel plate shoot on saturday morning and a 3 gun match on sunday, all at Desert Sportsman's.

He invited me out to try the steel plate. I have never done that before but he said there is no pressure, just come out and have fun.

I think I'll try it, than I'll be out to Sloan after that.

Have any of you guys ever competed in the ISPC?

By the way, I don't know for sure if it is "ISPC"
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 11:11:07 AM EDT
[#18]
You got it right the first time  www.ipsc.org/
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#19]
So thats why the IPSC group wasnt out there last Sunday.

Finaly some one got fed up with all the bull shit arguments between us (SMG MATCH shooters) and the IPSCers.

IT WAS SO NICE NOT HAVING THEM IN THE BAY NEXT TO US!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
So thats why the IPSC group wasnt out there last Sunday.

Finaly some one got fed up with all the bull shit arguments between us (SMG MATCH shooters) and the IPSCers.

IT WAS SO NICE NOT HAVING THEM IN THE BAY NEXT TO US!!!

Ok,  what I am I getting myself into here?  What  were the arguments about?
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 1:55:28 PM EDT
[#21]
I've been shooting in the SMG MATCH for 3 years now and i've seen it all, fighting over: ranges, steel, parking, targets, and their snide remarks about us. SO I HOPE THIS IS PERNANENT!!!!!!!!

SMG MATCH SHOOTERS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/16/2003 2:15:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm just glad we didn't have to feel like we had to hit the dirt every 10 seconds with all the ricochets buzzing around!!  

here are some shots of me last sunday in my "Camo".........thanks VegasSMG for the great pictures as always

Link Posted: 10/16/2003 4:30:33 PM EDT
[#23]
I forgot the Mag 58 was part of the last match!  Dammit, I knew I should've skipped out on the family for a few hours!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top