Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 5:22:35 PM EDT
Did anybody else really get let down by the Crossroads fun show today. I really didn't have the cash to spend but the same RRA 6 position stocks were selling for $115 that sell on the EE foor $69-78(?).
Almost no AK's at all and specifically no AK-74s. My friend was ready to walk out today with an AK but the best he found was a postban SAR-1. Everything was overpriced in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully since the ban is gone (for now at least) the dealers and their suppliers will start loading up with a little inventory and have it available for the next show.

We can only hope they get back to the way they were in the early 90's....ahhhh sweet memories..

Scott
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Did anybody else really get let down by the Crossroads fun show today. I really didn't have the cash to spend but the same RRA 6 position stocks were selling for $115 that sell on the EE foor $69-78(?).
Almost no AK's at all and specifically no AK-74s. My friend was ready to walk out today with an AK but the best he found was a postban SAR-1. Everything was overpriced in my opinion.

I sure am glad I didn't waste $10 today.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:50:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think I've bothered with the "funshow" in over a year and a half.  Admission keeps going up, and the possibility of finding that elusive "good deal" has gone down.

I do 90% of my firearm/supplies shopping right here on the EE.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:32:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't think I've bothered with the "funshow" in over a year and a half.  Admission keeps going up, and the possibility of finding that elusive "good deal" has gone down.

I do 90% of my firearm/supplies shopping right here on the EE.

Same here.  I usually only buy ammo at the shows, saves on shipping.  Even ammo prices seemed to have gone up.  I'm always on the look out for that once in a lifetime deal though.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#5]
My buddy ended up buying 2 rifles.  A mosin m39 and a chilean Steyr 1912 that had been converted to .308 in '61.  Both great rifles.  The firing pin on the mosin did need some adjusting though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:27:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I was looking to get some AR parts [lower parts kits, buffers, etc.] but the only guy selling them was WAY overpriced.  Since he didn't have any competition, he had no incentive to drop his prices.

I did get some new parkerized 30rd magazines for $10 each.  That wasn't too bad.  

I didn't find the guy with the 10-22 folding stocks - the used ones he was selling at the last show for $99.  I'll bet he was meeting with his bankruptcy atty.

There were more vendors at this show than at the last one, and prices were a bit more reasonable but still nothing awesome yet.  I think the speculation that supply will be better later is correct.  AK's should start filtering down at better prices, and hopefully there will be more vendors with AR parts.  

Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top