Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2010 8:07:40 AM EDT
FARMINGTON — Cookies, sodas, car keys and a chainsaw went missing from a Farmington car dealership early Tuesday morning.
Police arrested a 47-year-old man with a long history of theft after he allegedly broke into Autographics, at 2200 San Juan Blvd., early Tuesday morning.

Several vehicles were entered, the inside of the store was ransacked and stereo equipment was moved outside into some of the vehicles, said Karla Rangel, the store manager.

However, the only stolen items were nine keys to accounted-for vehicles, cookies and sodas from the break room and a chainsaw, she said.

Gregory Wisenbaler was arrested at about 1 a.m. Tuesday with the chainsaw near Hometown Hamburgers, just north of Autographics, said Farmington Police Sgt. Pat Cordell said.

Rangel said she believed more than one person was involved in the crime because two cars were driven around the lot and so many cookies and beverages were consumed.
Cordell said police aren't ruling out another suspect.

Wisenbaler allegedly climbed the fence surrounding the business and pried into the store with a crowbar. Police believe he found a box of car keys inside the business. Several cars in the lot were left open, but police are not sure how many vehicles the suspect entered or if any items are missing from those vehicles, Cordell said.

Four of the nine missing keys belonged to customers who were getting repairs in the mechanic shop.

"If the customers don't have a copy, I don't know what we're going to do about that," Rangel said.

She did not know why Autographics owns a chainsaw.

Wisenbaler allegedly entered at least two trucks for sale at the dealership, drove them around the lot and filled them with stereo equipment. The trucks were found on company property, Cordell said.

Wisenbaler was charged with unlawful taking of a vehicle, burglary of a structure, burglary of a vehicle and resisting arrest, Cordell said.

He has been convicted of several felony theft charges in Farmington and Aztec in the last 25 years. He was found guilty of unlawful taking of a vehicle in 1985 and 1986, commercial burglary in 1995 and 2004, issuing a worthless check in 1995, shoplifting in 2003 and making a purchase with a stolen credit card in 2007, according to court records.

Police found footprints they later matched to shoes worn by Wisenbaler on the hood of a car next to the fence surrounding the business. Police believe he used the car to hop the fence and get access to the property.

Wisenbaler was driving a vehicle that does not belong to him at the time of the break-in. It was loaned to him and the owner recently told police it had not been returned, Cordell said.

The dealership and body shop contacted its customers with cars on the lot Tuesday afternoon and told them about the break-in, Rangel said.

The damage to the building will cost the shop about $700 plus time spent cleaning up the mess inside, she said.

The dealership may be right in assuming there was more than one thief, Cordell said.

"But (Wisenbaler) denied having anyone with him," he said. "But I wouldn't rule it out."

What a dastardly  and clever thief this guy is.

Daily Times link
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 9:17:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Whole lot of WTF in there. What was he planning with the saw?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Whole lot of WTF in there. What was he planning with the saw?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I'm curious, did this guys previous ventures in theft also end with such comical results?

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:17:03 PM EDT
[#3]
now THAT is one helluva case of the munchies...

That sounds like shit my friends would do in high school when stoned...

Break in, finds keys, looks for cars, why cars? ooh - keys!, MMMmmm... coookies!!, open cars, where am I?, SNACK MACHINE!!!!!, eats cookies, remembers AH! Stealing!, gets car and equipment, loads in truck, drives truck, forget why driving truck, drive back to bldg for MORE COOKIES!!!!!, nap, where am I? SHIT! SUNRISE!!! Bolts... with nothing but a few packs of COOKIES for the road...

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:19:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like you got the munchies.

Quoted:

now THAT is one helluva case of the munchies...

That sounds like shit my friends would do in high school when stoned...

Break in, finds keys, looks for cars, why cars? ooh - keys!, MMMmmm... coookies!!, open cars, where am I?, SNACK MACHINE!!!!!, eats cookies, remembers AH! Stealing!, gets car and equipment, loads in truck, drives truck, forget why driving truck, drive back to bldg for MORE COOKIES!!!!!, nap, where am I? SHIT! SUNRISE!!! Bolts... with nothing but a few packs of COOKIES for the road...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top