Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/12/2007 11:16:52 AM EST
This is a thread to show appreciation for our friends in blue on this board....

I, for one, recognize that you do an extremely difficult job, that can be very dangerous...

The vast majority do their job well, and often thanklessly, and too often find themselves dimmed by a small minority that abuses their position of authority...

I do find it ironic that often times on this board, if there is a member of the thin blue line gunned down, we are the first to express disgust and sorrow, yet in many threads we show little respect for the members of the profession that are living and breathing and amongst us every day....

Sooooo....at any rate....thank you....we appreciate what you do

PS. I think it is entirely possible to both respect and preserve my Constitutional rights, and respect Police Officers at the same time....I, in no way, think that one is mutually exclusive of the other.....
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 3:49:24 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/12/2007 4:52:40 PM EST by mallcop]

Originally Posted By trio:
This is a thread to show appreciation for our friends in blue on this board....

I, for one, recognize that you do an extremely difficult job, that can be very dangerous...

The vast majority do their job well, and often thanklessly, and too often find themselves dimmed by a small minority that abuses their position of authority...

I do find it ironic that often times on this board, if there is a member of the thin blue line gunned down, we are the first to express disgust and sorrow, yet in many threads we show little respect for the members of the profession that are living and breathing and amongst us every day....

Sooooo....at any rate....thank you....we appreciate what you do

PS. I think it is entirely possible to both respect and preserve my Constitutional rights, and respect Police Officers at the same tim..I, in no way, think that one is mutually exclusive of the other.....

Thanks.

The interesting part is that many of us are prior service veterans and in my case going back as reservists even though I am too old and attempting an age waiver. I have changed more flat tires, soothed more broken heart & souls then I can even remember,but there are still a lot of folks here that figure I am a s**t bag because I dare to make a mistake. No prob, no matter how much you hate me for my uniform I will freely risk my life to assist you in your time of need.
Top Top