Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2009 2:11:30 PM EDT
Anyone in the Rochester area having any luck locating primers? Been looking for some large rifle and large pistol primers, no luck. Almost like somebody has stopped the flow? Must just be a seasonal thing........

Tom
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope.  Same as you, nothing to be found anywhere.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#2]
just bought 3K of small pistol MATCH, and 3K of large pistol MATCH from bikerks in E.roch. went back for something i forgot yesterday and they had several thousand back on the shelf. as far as small rifle..I think your SOL.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Midway had small rifle primers 2 weeks ago, got some then.  Keep watching there.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
just bought 3K of small pistol MATCH, and 3K of large pistol MATCH from bikerks in E.roch. went back for something i forgot yesterday and they had several thousand back on the shelf. as far as small rifle..I think your SOL.

Beikirch's IS the place where many of the dealers buy their supplies.
Believe me when I tell you there has been an unprecedented demand for ammunition and components, and supplies are being scarped up as fast as they come in.
Most information outside of the home page is only available to business accounts, but they do sell to the public.  
http://www.beikirchs.com/Home_Page.html
Word to the wise: buy what you can when you can....remember what happened to ammo?
It wasn't that long ago we were buying 1K of 7.62 surplus for $100 that's now 3-4-5 times that price.  

notice my sig line?
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I hear you there. walmart is the only place that still selling feddy red box .22 bulk packs for $13.47, everyone else hiked up te price to $26-30. gander mtn, and dicks being the worst.......so yesterday I drove to brockport walmart...then batavia walmart..then to geneseo walmart. scored me 10K rounds!!!

as far as components, I have what i need...but im trying ot buy more because two years from now i'll be kickin my self saying "remember when primers were $26/1000...them were the good ol' days, now were lucky to find them for less then $60/100"

mark my words....it'll happen
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:57:14 AM EDT
[#6]
What primers do you guys need?  have a shop in Utica that's stocked up.....
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:12:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Adirondack1 - where in Utica are you located I live in Rome.....??
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:14:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm looking for large rifle and large pistol. I'm good with small rifle and pistol. Didn't realize I was low on lage pistol till I decide to play with the 45 Colt. Bike's only had magnums on the shelf the other day when I was in.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I found a couple places in eastern NY with lots of large rifle and small pistol primers, small rifle were a little scarce but they still had some. I even found a place with over 100lbs of h335.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:33:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Adirondack1 - where in Utica are you located I live in Rome.....??

I'm actually in the Mohawk Valley, but only 20 mins away from Utica.

K&K Train and Hobby had quite a few primers there last week I picked up 1K of Federal large pistol, you can call and see what they have on the shelf, just ask for the gunshop!

Address
494 French Road
Utica, New York 13502
USA

Phone (day)
315-733-6677

Fax
315-733-7326

If anyone from the Utica/Rome are is going to the Rochester show, they could meet-up!

I can't go this weekend, but FP1201 has my 40 rnd Bulgy Mags to sell on his table!

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:48:46 PM EDT
[#11]
K&K hobby has no more small rifle primers.  I got the last of them today.  I can also tell you that Frank's in Marcy only has Magnum small rifle and no large pistol or small pistol left.  I got the last box of small pistol there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top