Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2014 4:10:59 PM EDT
How far is too far to stay away from AT&T Stadium? I will be in town for the Cowboys/Texans game this weekend, and looking at hotels I can save a decent bit of money by getting a hotel about 10 miles away. I know where I live it takes no time at all to cover 10 miles , but how is the traffic there on game day? Is it possible to stay 10-12 miles from the stadium or should I look at one of the closer hotels? Thanks
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Consider if any of the hotels offer free shuttle service to/from the stadium?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Consider if any of the hotels offer free shuttle service to/from the stadium?
View Quote

Never considered it because the tickets I bought came with a parking pass.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:55:53 AM EDT
[#3]
10 miles from the stadium isn't too bad. To be honest, there are tons of ways to get to the stadium. Most just take the main routes, which will be the routes that will have crazy traffic. Those routes definitely include those who take the Collins St exit from I-30, Randoll Mill exit from HWY 360, and Division exit from HWY 360. If folks would take routes like exiting the Fielder St exit heading south until you hit Abrams, go east on Abrams, and then north on Collins, you get there with minimal traffic. It may be a bit longer but a whole lot quicker.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How far is too far to stay away from AT&T Stadium? I will be in town for the Cowboys/Texans game this weekend, and looking at hotels I can save a decent bit of money by getting a hotel about 10 miles away. I know where I live it takes no time at all to cover 10 miles , but how is the traffic there on game day? Is it possible to stay 10-12 miles from the stadium or should I look at one of the closer hotels? Thanks
View Quote

wait wait wait. you like the cowboys and you aren't from dallas??
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm actually closer to Houston , but I've been a Cowboys fan my whole life and I am a loyal fan through the good and the bad
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:01:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
10 miles from the stadium isn't too bad. To be honest, there are tons of ways to get to the stadium. Most just take the main routes, which will be the routes that will have crazy traffic. Those routes definitely include those who take the Collins St exit from I-30, Randoll Mill exit from HWY 360, and Division exit from HWY 360. If folks would take routes like exiting the Fielder St exit heading south until you hit Abrams, go east on Abrams, and then north on Collins, you get there with minimal traffic. It may be a bit longer but a whole lot quicker.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#7]
For all the bullshit involved with that fucking stadium, they have traffic flow down to an art.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:54:55 AM EDT
[#8]
dont stay at a north arlington hotel unless you stay at the hilton on lamar. and even there, take everything valuable out of your car and park in front.
98% of fans for any event in arlington dont stay in arlington. part of that is the lack of hotels, part of that is because its arlington. stay in ft worth or north near the airport
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:23:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
dont stay at a north arlington hotel unless you stay at the hilton on lamar. and even there, take everything valuable out of your car and park in front.
98% of fans for any event in arlington dont stay in arlington. part of that is the lack of hotels, part of that is because its arlington. stay in ft worth or north near the airport
View Quote

This.  Arlington has gone down hill.  Fast
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:32:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell Hurricane Katrina thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top